Educate me

Custom manufactured BBQ Pits, Do-it-Yourself projects, parts and ideas.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

JustinCouch
Outlaw

Educate me

Postby JustinCouch » Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:28 pm

Hello everyone. My name is Justin. This is my first post here. My pit is about 50 years old and falling apart. I refuse to get rid of it like my wife said. I love the old thing. It's just a regular pit with no fire box. Now that being said. It is not a very good slow cooker. Just a perfect grill. I plan to build my own offset unit this winter. I can't wait to get some pictures together for everyone. I might even get some pictures of old rusty. I want to restore it to its former glory. Until next time I hope To make some new friends. Thanks
woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Re: Educate me

Postby woodenvisions » Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:52 pm

Welcome Justin !

I'm sure you will get a lot of edjuhmukashin on here, I myself unfortunately have nothing to contribute in an informative way regarding pits or fireboxes, I'm clueless with them lol.
But no doubt there are quite a few members here that can.
txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Postby Txdragon » Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:56 pm

Welcome to the forum! Tough decision to make.. Here's how to solve that.. Just ask the wife: "When you turn 50 and start falling apart, can I replace you like you suggested I do the pit?"
(Insert witty signature here)
woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Re: RE: Re: Educate me

Postby woodenvisions » Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:37 pm

Txdragon wrote:Welcome to the forum! Tough decision to make.. Here's how to solve that.. Just ask the wife: "When you turn 50 and start falling apart, can I replace you like you suggested I do the pit?"

Lol ^^^^^^

Just don't ask her that when ur both in the kitchen !
Frying pans and cutting utensils might be a flyin...
k.a.m. USER_AVATAR
k.a.m.
Chuck Wagon

Postby k.a.m. » Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:25 am

Keep it as your grill and fix it up. Build an offset for smoking problem solved. ;)
Always remember slow and steady wins the race.

My Hybrid cooker.
Competition trailer #2.
JustinCouch
Outlaw

Postby JustinCouch » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:07 am

I am glad to finally have some sort of social media that I can enjoy. I don't have a cell phone so I cant spacebook like everyone else. Plus most of the stuff my wife shows me on spacebook is meaningless dribble. At least on this forum we discuss important matters, meat and steel. I have to sweet talk the wife into helping me upload pictures of my projects so I can properly become a member of this forum. I was so happy to see where yall replied to my post. I hope everyone has a great weekend and happy eating!
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:11 am

Welcome Justin, I'm sure that a lot of us 'feel your pain" when it comes to daily updates of FarseBook :whiteflag: This is a great place to hang out, good members, helpful members and ultra knowledgeable members all rolled into The Texas BBQ Forum - - - so make yerself at home :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"

Return to “Custom Built Pits, Build Your Own Pit & Pit Modifications”