North Dakota, But do'ner texas style!

Where 'ya from? Whadda 'ya cook on? Tell us a little about yourself. Is there a bounty on your head?

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

Dropy
Pilgrim

North Dakota, But do'ner texas style!

Postby Dropy » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:21 pm

Love me some Texas style BBQ!!! SO since I live up here in North Dakota and the opportunity presented itself for me to open a spot up I am gonna do it Texas style smoked BBQ! Been cooking for years, grew up in resturants, but my love has always been the grill and smokers. Now I get my chance. Did my first taste testing with a great many friends last night and it was a huge success. Gonna tweek a couple things and keep going at it. Hoping to open by end of august.

Now forgive me for this next part... I am not s huge fan of the thick syrupy sauces. HOWEVER I do have an apple/bourbon BBQ sauce I make that is on the menu that fits that ticket just fine. WIll also have my Carolina mustard sauce that sits real well on a pulled pork sammich. Also I like a western Carolina sauce to round off my lineup on sauces for now. That western Carolina sauce is thinner than the thick syrupy stuff. but it isn't like the all vinegar stuff of eastern Carolinas. Sort of a fusion of the 2 I suppose.

Brisket, pork shoulder and ribs to start. SLaw, tater salad, beans corn bread pecan pie and banana pudding should make for a fine menu. YEah I will will also have a sizeable salad that ya can add some smoked meat to so..... if ya need to feed your rabbit you can... I guesse. Anywho all these are house made from scratch, aint no reheat from the can crap going on here. Most places round here do that stuff, I don't see why they do. So easy to cook good food.

Goona keep her simple, fresh and flavorful! Hot BBQ, cold beer!

Also since I did steel fab for 8 years building a 8 foot smoker on a trailer so I can cater on site.

Dropy
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: North Dakota, But do'ner texas style!

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:58 pm

sho ain't yo first Rodeo, eh Dropy :?: I love all kinds of BBQ but especially Ribs and I also, to the disappointment of my Wiffy, like to try new and different way to grill/smoke them - - - never met a rib I didn't like "so far that is" - - - post up some pickies when you get a chance and at least we can drool on the keypads :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
chilefarmer USER_AVATAR
ChileFarmer
Forum Star

Postby ChileFarmer » Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:56 pm

Welcome, sounds like you got a good start. Wishing you much luck. CF :D
OK, get over it, you lost. God bless America

http://s235.photobucket.com/albums/ee175/ChileFarmer" target="_blank
Lots of Sub folders to.

http://curingandsmoking.blogspot.com/" target="_blank
txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Postby Txdragon » Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:06 pm

Real Texas BBQ is not traditionally served with a thick, sweet, syrupy sauce. These ideas were imported from elsewhere. Real Texas sauce is bold, tomato or vinegar-based, and served warm on the side, NEVER on your meat. EVER.. Welcome aboard and good luck in your ventures. Lots of good folks and info here 8)
(Insert witty signature here)
spacetrucker USER_AVATAR
spacetrucker
Chuck Wagon

Postby spacetrucker » Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:30 pm

First welcome to the forum,
why do people have to put sauce on their BBQ, doesn't it taste good... and that is when the fight stated.... :mrgreen:
I just had to throw that one in there to "stir the pot" all teasing, the different sauces are a good thing to have....
post often and be sure to include pictures... :salut:
Don't count every day, Make every day Count
Good Cue to ya..
Vernon

FEC-100
Webber kettle 22"
Webber genesis
Blackstone pizza oven
cowboydon USER_AVATAR
cowboydon
Retired Lawman

Postby cowboydon » Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:40 am

Welcome to the forum
CowboyDon
Garland, Texas :texas:
Check out my BBQ @
https://www.instagram.com/alltherealbbq/
alltherealbbq
Dropy
Pilgrim

Postby Dropy » Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:26 pm

Yes sir I agree with you all about the sauce'n the meats!! I for one almost never put sauce on ANY meat, even on chicken wings I ask for so small an amount you can see more wing than sauce. I feel the if the meat tastes that bad then the cook done did something wrong!! shouldn't be no need to hide the AWESOME flavor of what god made and the pit master cooked! But npot all paying customers got such good sense. And they pay with good hard cash.... SO I gotta make em happy. I wont never sauce meat and server it up, I serve my meat nekkid and let the customers do the meat how they like at the table.

Now to be honest on a pork sammich I DO like a good Carolina mustard sauce on it. not a lot though, just enough.

To each there own, and up here the folks love that sweet sauce. But theres some that like the vinegary/tomato sauce too and that's ok.

Just gotta perfect the pork rub....

Return to “WANTED POSTERS - New Member Introductions”