k.a.m.

Custom manufactured BBQ Pits, Do-it-Yourself projects, parts and ideas.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

Mark
Pilgrim

k.a.m.

Postby Mark » Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:50 pm

I'm not real tech savvy and don't know how P.M. here.

I am in the process of 're doing' my pit. I got the idea of installing the probe fitting from you and then did research on Shirley's website. My pit is a 30x8 Klose pit with double doors and counter weights (heavy S.O B.'s). I am going to have a threaded sleeve welded above my uppermost thermometer and have a small shelf added to allow the 4 Chefalarms to sit. I was wondering if I could get more info on your 'T' design that allows the wires to pass and semi seal the hole? If you had to do it over again, would you use or design something different? I saw Paul had a foam plug on one of his videos and there was some wordage about rubber plugs on a thread.

Thanks for any help.
k.a.m. USER_AVATAR
k.a.m.
Chuck Wagon

Re: k.a.m.

Postby k.a.m. » Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:36 pm

I personally like my design and have used it on several builds. Paul got the idea of the couplings from me. He does not use the Tee fitting like I do but he would if someone wanted it I imagine. The tee is nothing more than a plug with a piece of 3/4" x 1/8" flat bar welded to it then a slit is ground into the edged to accept the wires.
Here is a better pic of the ones on my Hybrid cooker.
I hope this helps. :D

Always remember slow and steady wins the race.

My Hybrid cooker.
Competition trailer #2.
Mark
Pilgrim

Postby Mark » Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:20 am

Thank you so much!!! Your right in it being a simple design, but some of the best ideas are the simple ones. Thanks for your quick response.
k.a.m. USER_AVATAR
k.a.m.
Chuck Wagon

Postby k.a.m. » Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:16 am

Mark wrote:Thank you so much!!! Your right in it being a simple design, but some of the best ideas are the simple ones. Thanks for your quick response.

You are very welcome Mark. Glad to help. :D
Always remember slow and steady wins the race.

My Hybrid cooker.
Competition trailer #2.

Return to “Custom Built Pits, Build Your Own Pit & Pit Modifications”