Gasket Source

Custom manufactured BBQ Pits, Do-it-Yourself projects, parts and ideas.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

riseabove50 USER_AVATAR
riseabove50
Rustler

Gasket Source

Postby riseabove50 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:58 pm

i am looking for a good source for oven gasket. got some leaking at my main door that i want to close up. i used to have a link to a gasket seller online but lost it. they had all different kinds of sizes, lengths and diameters. any suggestions?

thanks in advance.

Mark
txsmkmstr USER_AVATAR
txsmkmstr
Bandolero

Re: Gasket Source

Postby txsmkmstr » Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:08 pm

Custom LSG 24x40 - 36" Blackstone - (others - R & O FatGirl, ETSC RK-250, Tejas 1628 - all sold)
riseabove50 USER_AVATAR
riseabove50
Rustler

Postby riseabove50 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:32 pm

what is tadpole tape? and how is it used?
riseabove50 USER_AVATAR
riseabove50
Rustler

Postby riseabove50 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:35 pm

and what would you recommend from these products for a good all around gasket material? seems like a lot of options.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:15 pm

the wood stoves/fireplace gaskets are sometimes made from fiberglass rope and that's what I used for a gasket on my ECB, however, the adhesive that came with the kit could have been much better IMHO so I would also concern myself with the adhesion factor
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
k.a.m. USER_AVATAR
k.a.m.
Chuck Wagon

Postby k.a.m. » Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:28 pm

BBQ Gasket.com would be my choice. The Lavalock is the best gasket on the market for cooker doors.
Just remember if you try to seal the top by the hinges and it pinches the sides and bottom gaps will increase.
If it is minor leaks under an 1/8" I would use silicone instead of a pre-made gasket.
Always remember slow and steady wins the race.

My Hybrid cooker.
Competition trailer #2.
finatic USER_AVATAR
Finatic
Bandolero

Postby Finatic » Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:20 am

I've ordered from BBQgasket.com and had a good experience. I like to use McMaster Carr (mcmaster.com). They have pretty much everything I would ever need to make a pit including a good selection of high temp gaskets. Like KAM said, unless you are going to remove the door from the hinges and re-mount the hinges you'll likely need to go with high temp silicone. I used the red high temp silicone to seal the gasket on my drum lid and haven't had any adhesion issues at all.

Return to “Custom Built Pits, Build Your Own Pit & Pit Modifications”