North Texas Fundraiser

Announcements, Roll Call and Results for ALL Competitions and Events.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

smoked USER_AVATAR
Smoked
Cowboy

North Texas Fundraiser

Postby Smoked » Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:46 pm

I hope you guys don't mind me putting this here.. This coming weekend at BassPro in Grapevine There will be Q contest. Your truly will be there cooking some mammal flesh.. They may still need some teams. Dawn is the contact person if you guys have nothing going on.. Plus its for a good cause.. They expect 10K people to walk through the gates..Hope to see some of you guys there. Heres the LINK
bigwheel
Outlaw

Postby bigwheel » Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:19 pm

Hey Smoked...best of fortunes to ya at that event. Also to whoever else said they was going. Whut kinda prizes they got?

bigwheel
datsbbq USER_AVATAR
DATsBBQ
Deputy

Re: North Texas Fundraiser

Postby DATsBBQ » Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:33 pm

Smoked wrote:I hope you guys don't mind me putting this here.. This coming weekend at BassPro in Grapevine There will be Q contest. Your truly will be there cooking some mammal flesh.. They may still need some teams. Dawn is the contact person if you guys have nothing going on.. Plus its for a good cause.. They expect 10K people to walk through the gates..Hope to see some of you guys there. Heres the LINK

Right where these things are supposed to be posted. Good luck on the contest, 10K is a lot of folks!
Deputy Dave

“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."-Bruce Lee
smoked USER_AVATAR
Smoked
Cowboy

Postby Smoked » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:19 pm

bigwheel wrote:Hey Smoked...best of fortunes to ya at that event. Also to whoever else said they was going. Whut kinda prizes they got?

bigwheel

I pay no mind to the prizes..For me its all in fun and thats what I do...Have Fun..

I'm pumped about this cook off...I will be giving up the last weekend of Bow Season for it..
nascarchuck USER_AVATAR
nascarchuck
Retired Lawman

Postby nascarchuck » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:21 pm

Smoked... If'n I was to make it out there as a speculator, how would I know who you are?
Chuck

http://cookinwithchuck.blogspot.com - Updated 01/10/10

smoked USER_AVATAR
Smoked
Cowboy

Postby Smoked » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:38 pm

I will be in a 20' Pop-up Trailer with a 10'x20' white canopy in front, 2 tables 1 Oklahoma Joe Smoker and the wife.. Stop by for a brew and a ABT.
nascarchuck USER_AVATAR
nascarchuck
Retired Lawman

Postby nascarchuck » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:43 pm

Smoked wrote:I will be in a 20' Pop-up Trailer with a 10'x20' white canopy in front, 2 tables 1 Oklahoma Joe Smoker and the wife.. Stop by for a brew and a ABT.

You just talked me into it!!! Hope that I can make it out there and meet y'all
Chuck

http://cookinwithchuck.blogspot.com - Updated 01/10/10

bowhnter USER_AVATAR
bowhnter
Chuck Wagon

Postby bowhnter » Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:08 am

Smoked wrote:I'm pumped about this cook off...I will be giving up the last weekend of Bow Season for it..

I wish I would have known about it sooner, could have planned a day off. Still might come take a look see Saturday.

So you must have gotten some deer then?
Mike

Primo Oval XL
Grilla Silverbac
Weber 26”, 22”, and Jumbo Joe
Weber Genesis
Ooni Pro Pizza oven
Blackstone 22 and 36
smoked USER_AVATAR
Smoked
Cowboy

Postby Smoked » Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:21 am

bowhnter wrote:
Smoked wrote:I'm pumped about this cook off...I will be giving up the last weekend of Bow Season for it..

I wish I would have known about it sooner, could have planned a day off. Still might come take a look see Saturday.

So you must have gotten some deer then?

I wish.. I was in the woods opening weekend. The Ragweed & Goldenrod was so bad I could not stop sneezing.. Eyes were itching and watering, I packed up and came home.. I was one miserable snot nosed hunter.

Since this cold front came in and some rain.. Most of that should be gone by now. At least I hope.. :shock:
bigwheel
Outlaw

Postby bigwheel » Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:15 am

Try Claritin or its generic equivalent. Dont buy none with any suffixes on it. I take one every day as recommended by the saw bones. Really helps on the snotty nose.

bigwheel
smoked USER_AVATAR
Smoked
Cowboy

Postby Smoked » Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:24 am

bigwheel wrote:Try Claritin or its generic equivalent. Dont buy none with any suffixes on it. I take one every day as recommended by the saw bones. Really helps on the snotty nose.

bigwheel

I tried...I took one everyday for 2 weeks before the opener. That Saturday I took 4 in a 12 hour period, with no luck. It was the worst case I ever had. Sick for 2 days after that as well.
Toontroller
Bandolero

Postby Toontroller » Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:32 am

bigwheel wrote:Try Claritin or its generic equivalent. Dont buy none with any suffixes on it. I take one every day as recommended by the saw bones. Really helps on the snotty nose.

bigwheel

I'll second the Claritin! Thats some good stuff right there! Smoked if ya need any this weekend come by the TFF hangout. I'll hook you up, never leave home without it!

Anybody know who the celebraty judges are? It's driving my wife CRAZY.

Sure to be a good time this weekend and looks like the Good Lord will give us some beutiful weather to hang out around BPS as well. Highs in the low 70's! I love it :banana:
Toontroller
Bandolero

Postby Toontroller » Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:33 am

Smoked wrote:

bigwheel

I tried...I took one everyday for 2 weeks before the opener. That Saturday I took 4 in a 12 hour period, with no luck. It was the worst case I ever had. Sick for 2 days after that as well.

OOOPS! nevermind :oops:
smoked USER_AVATAR
Smoked
Cowboy

Postby Smoked » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:10 pm

Toontroller wrote:

bigwheel

I'll second the Claritin! Thats some good stuff right there! Smoked if ya need any this weekend come by the TFF hangout. I'll hook you up, never leave home without it!

Anybody know who the celebraty judges are? It's driving my wife CRAZY.

Sure to be a good time this weekend and looks like the Good Lord will give us some beutiful weather to hang out around BPS as well. Highs in the low 70's! I love it :banana:

I'm hearing we could see Chris Young or Neal McCoy.. Also Some Dallas Cowboys on Saturday..Old and Current

Thats what I'm hearing.. I have no names tho

Return to “Cookoff Announcements and Results”