Sausage making and curing meats.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

searacer USER_AVATAR
searacer
Pilgrim

My Grinder didn't come with any Sausage Stuffing Tubes

Postby searacer » Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:23 am

Hi Guy's

I bought a STX International meat grinder and it didn't come with any Sausage Stuffing Tubes, are these pretty standard fit and can I buy some generic tubes ? I tried to find Mfg. without any luck seems like there from overseas and I don't find any support please advise me if I can buy Sausage Stuffing Tubes and where at?

searacer
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: My Grinder didn't come with any Sausage Stuffing Tubes

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:59 am

See if this helps and good luck.
http://mercantilestation2.com/#!/Sausag ... ort=normal

OUP :texas:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
papa tom USER_AVATAR
Papa Tom
Deputy

Postby Papa Tom » Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:47 am

Grinders come in different sizes indicated by a Number like #10 or #12 etc. plates and stuffing tubes must match that #. Also you will need a spacer plate to replace the grinding plate for stuffing sometimes called the "beaner or propeller" plate.

Lots of places carry the tubes just check Amazon, Walton's, Meat Packers, LEM etc. and you will find what you need. The smaller tubes tend to be harder to find if you want to make breakfast sausages or beef snack sticks.
tarde venientibus ossa....
drinks
Pilgrim

Postby drinks » Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:42 pm

I would not use a grinder to stuff sausage, if nothing else, chose a cheap horn type stuffer, some are less than $30, useable, but messy.
I use a 5lb vertical stuffer, LEM sells the best I know of, among other things, it has SS gears rather than plastic.Sorta pricey, but if you are going to make much sausage, why not get a good tool.
I wasted about $400 on various grinders that either broke or wore out quickly, finally got smart and bought an LEM 1/4hp grinder, I would have saved about $200 if I had bought one of them in the first place.
swamp donkeyz bbq USER_AVATAR
Swamp Donkeyz BBQ
Outlaw

Postby Swamp Donkeyz BBQ » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:12 pm

I stuff sausage with a grinder all the time. As stated above, they make spacers for stuffing. Allied Kenco has everything you need for sausage making.
Danj
Pilgrim

Postby Danj » Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:32 am

I just bought this same model about three weeks ago. I have the attachments, but haven't used them yet. Weekend project coming up :D It seems like a pretty good workhorse though.
drinks
Pilgrim

Postby drinks » Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:02 pm

Danj, as an x owner of one, I would check the plate size, the one I had was a odd size, larger than a #10 and smaller than a #12.
Of course the add is a bunch of fluff, the actual running wattage of the motor is about 20% of the claimed figure.
I hope you do well, I junked mine, got $5 for it at a flea market.

:roll:
okie sawbones USER_AVATAR
Okie Sawbones
Outlaw

Postby Okie Sawbones » Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:41 pm

Swamp Donkeyz BBQ wrote:I stuff sausage with a grinder all the time. As stated above, they make spacers for stuffing. Allied Kenco has everything you need for sausage making.

Thanks for that link. This is a really nice resource. :cheers:
KCBS - CBJ
PNWBA - CBJ
Jambo Clone, Primo Oval XL, Blaz'n Grills Pellet Stove, Weber 22.5", Lynx SS Grill, The Big Easy
VFW - Life, DAV - Life

Return to “Sausage and Cured Meats”