Trinity TX 4th cookoff

Announcements, Roll Call and Results for ALL Competitions and Events.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

alexbender
Pilgrim

Trinity TX 4th cookoff

Postby alexbender » Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:53 pm

My first one, me and my brother went brought my kingsford backyard offset. Had a great time learned a ton about comps and how to do them in the future. First thing I will trim my meats ahead of time not on site. Started off great with just the brisket on then getting the ribs and then chicken on i had trouble maintaining temp keeping with my spritzing schedule. Ended up turning in an under cooked brisket that i had on the pit 14 hours or so if i coulda had another 30 minutes i think i woulda hit temp got 10 out of 17, Ribs were ok but i wrapped to early cause i wanted to start getting on chicken so my bark wasn't right, then couldn't get the glaze to set right on em got 7 out of 17. Chicken was just trash i had it on the firebox to long and hammered it ended up to dry, the whole time i had that on it was dropping temp in the barrel. Great learning experience looking forward to more but I am pretty dissapointed with my self since i know what i did wrong and know i can do much better cue. :banghead: :banghead:
Took a ton of mental notes and met some cool people mostly just hung out with my brother i don't get to spend much time with him so it was nice to kick back with him. Had a hard time being to social though since my temps were fluctuating every 10 minutes, But next time i know what i can do to help fix this and imma come home with some trophies.
big ed USER_AVATAR
Big Ed
Outlaw

Re: Trinity TX 4th cookoff

Postby Big Ed » Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:27 am

2 top 10 calls on your first go aint too shabby!! :salut:
Can't Beat A Drum!!!

Big Ed BBQ
https://www.facebook.com/BigEdBbq
Custom elf Pit (UDS on Steriods)
Water Tower pit
PK Grill
22'' weber kettle
swamp donkeyz bbq USER_AVATAR
Swamp Donkeyz BBQ
Outlaw

Postby Swamp Donkeyz BBQ » Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:30 pm

Congrats on your calls! Not a bad first outing at all.
gator USER_AVATAR
Gator
Sheriff

Postby Gator » Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:08 am

Congrats! Great job. 8)
Gator

"I won't tolerate rude behavior" - Woodrow F Call

Return to “Cookoff Announcements and Results”