Big State Festival

Announcements, Roll Call and Results for ALL Competitions and Events.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

bob n humble USER_AVATAR
bob n humble
Wrangler

Big State Festival

Postby bob n humble » Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:29 pm

Has anyone recieved the Appl. for this yet. You can download from the web site now. These people are nuts!! If I read the thing right entry fee is $750 for the infield, $1250 for track side. Plus each Category is $100. You get 1 free and pay $100 ea. for the other 2. Not sure if you have to cook all 3 for Grand or not. Categories are Pork Ribs-spares/babybacks,Whole Pork Sholder-Butt or Picnic, and Whole Beef Brisket-Flat or Point.
You can also enter as they say Ancillary categories of Poultry,Exotic,Hot Wings,Sauce and Best Booth for $50 each. The Big 3 will be judged with a preliminary Blind Judging and the Final Judging will be On Site Judging only.
You also have to pay a $75 RV fee & $100 Clean-Up Deposit. You do get free 110v/20amp. but if you need more it cost you extra.
Also you have to have your money in by Sept 1. with no Guarantee they will give you a spot. They say they will have a drawing of all entries and let you know if you get picked. One thing at least they say they will refund your money if you don't get picked. That is real nice of them don't ya think.
I know its big money with $25,000 for Grand Champion! I also know that there will be alot going on that will be worth checking out,but it sure is alot to put up to start with.
Bob
http://www.bigstatefestival.com
Now that I have gone back a reread it a couple times the Grand will be picked from only 1 of the entries. I guess it will be just like a MIM cookoff. Should not have been so blind. You have to send your entry fee to a Memphis address.
bob n humble USER_AVATAR
bob n humble
Wrangler

Postby bob n humble » Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:47 pm

Natural Born Grillers- Grand Champ
Ritters BBQ-Res Champ.
Congrats to Doug & Carol.
Bob
chilibbq
Wrangler

Postby chilibbq » Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:11 pm

anybody know how many cooks they ended up with?
chilibbq
dahorns USER_AVATAR
DaHorns
Bandolero

Postby DaHorns » Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:47 pm

They say 49, but someone who cooked it said it was more like 30-35.
Yellow Dog BBQ Team
Gator Predator
When people realize what is really important in life there will be a shortage of fishing rods.

Return to “Cookoff Announcements and Results”