SPONSORS?

All other competition related questions or comments about recipes, techniques, and related topics.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

a.n.c. USER_AVATAR
A.N.C.
Pilgrim

SPONSORS?

Postby A.N.C. » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:30 am

When obtaining sponsors what do you do have a certain spot just for them? Give them gifts? Treat them with waiter staff? Just a few ideas any help will do. Just need some ideas :dont:
ucsteve
Pilgrim

Re: SPONSORS?

Postby ucsteve » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:28 pm

it all depends on how much they are giving you. we have several sponsors that give us X amount (varies) of money per year, we put their names on our banner and coozies and some on our shirts depending on the $$. they are always invited to hang out and eat and have a few drinks. You will find out quick that if you promise a lot all your sponsor money will go to paying for sponsor obligations and your still footing the bill for the entry and meat out of pocket.
jtilk
Outlaw

Postby jtilk » Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:03 pm

Depends on the events ... County Fair they are treated pretty lavishly (sponsorship meal, all the beer you can drink, VIP wrist bands and if they are a top level sponsor they get a gift basket. But there are 10+ team members to help with this)... For the majority of the rest I would just suggest laying some ground work. Primarily what they expect of you and what you expect of them. I dont have time to entertain until 2-3 am on a Friday night, so if thats what they expect I'll pass.
-Josh

Big Green Egg
Pitmaker Vault

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson
All_Grilla_No_Filla
Cowboy

Postby All_Grilla_No_Filla » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:56 pm

jtilk wrote:Depends on the events ... County Fair they are treated pretty lavishly (sponsorship meal, all the beer you can drink, VIP wrist bands and if they are a top level sponsor they get a gift basket. But there are 10+ team members to help with this)... For the majority of the rest I would just suggest laying some ground work. Primarily what they expect of you and what you expect of them. I dont have time to entertain until 2-3 am on a Friday night, so if thats what they expect I'll pass.

Amen! Time goes fast enough as it is...
k.a.m. USER_AVATAR
k.a.m.
Chuck Wagon

Postby k.a.m. » Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:14 am

I have had a few company's approach me for sponsorship's but when I let them know that I do not cook for crowds at comps they pass.
Some day I hope to find a company that is happy with coming out and eating what we turn in with family and a few friends, also maybe cook for their company events. I will also set up a table for their items if they choose and fly their banner but that is it.
Always remember slow and steady wins the race.

My Hybrid cooker.
Competition trailer #2.
a.n.c. USER_AVATAR
A.N.C.
Pilgrim

Postby A.N.C. » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:19 am

Thanks for all of your answers I'll keep some of this in mind when I obtain some sponsors. :box:

Return to “Competition BBQ Discussion”