Best sausage in my opinion

Sausage making and curing meats.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

cowboydon USER_AVATAR
cowboydon
Retired Lawman

Re: Best sausage in my opinion

Postby cowboydon » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:05 pm

+1 to PT - Fresh sausage made by hand change my mind on what I thought was best for sure.
CowboyDon
Garland, Texas :texas:
Check out my BBQ @
https://www.instagram.com/alltherealbbq/
alltherealbbq
Qshack
Wrangler

Postby Qshack » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:54 pm

Can't find a schedule with the search function. Papa Tom, what's this season's itinerary? I could make time for this. Where will you meet and when? Cost?

Cheers
United, I stand alone against collectivism.

Cheapie off-set (3rd rustin out NB Smoker)
Hole in the ground, AKA "The pit"
papa tom USER_AVATAR
Papa Tom
Deputy

Postby Papa Tom » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:12 pm

Qshack wrote:Can't find a schedule with the search function. Papa Tom, what's this season's itinerary? I could make time for this. Where will you meet and when? Cost?

Cheers

Follow the progress here:
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=13315
tarde venientibus ossa....
Pig Grinder
Pilgrim

Postby Pig Grinder » Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:05 am

Tell me when and where is this TEX TOBY sausage session
spacetrucker USER_AVATAR
spacetrucker
Chuck Wagon

Postby spacetrucker » Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:55 pm

so many recipes so little time.... :mrgreen:
Don't count every day, Make every day Count
Good Cue to ya..
Vernon

FEC-100
Webber kettle 22"
Webber genesis
Blackstone pizza oven
bigbob73 USER_AVATAR
bigbob73
Rustler

Postby bigbob73 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:26 pm

Love opa's cheese and jalapeño.
tex_toby USER_AVATAR
tex_toby
Deputy

Postby tex_toby » Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:53 pm

Pig Grinder wrote:Tell me when and where is this TEX TOBY sausage session

Pig Grinder - you are about 4 years late. :lol: We did this around January 2011 if I remember correctly. Maybe we'll do another one again sometime. :dont:
20" x 40" Party Gator Pit
Custom Mobile Stick Burner
Summerset TRL 32" Built-In Grill
Weber Q2200
48" Custom Firepit
Bertello Pizza Oven

I can't always please everybody. I'm not bacon.
bludawg USER_AVATAR
BluDawg
Chuck Wagon

Postby BluDawg » Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:00 pm

In order Slovaceks, Centeral market, HEB, Opas, Kiloabosa so many to try and only little time
Last edited by BluDawg on Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Never met a cow I didn't like with a little salt and pepper.
My Blog: Http://acountryboyeats.blogspot.com
Old Country Over/Under
Webber 22" Performer
ECB
boots USER_AVATAR
Boots
Wordsmith

Postby Boots » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:18 pm

+1 on the Slovacek's (BTW, addressing the earlier post I'm pretty sure they're Czech, though I'm no expert).

By the way all, there is an excellent little craft made place on the main drag in old Bremond just off 14, if yer comin' or goin' from College Station. Believe it's called Groholski's. I knew it was gonna be good cause I stopped in at the Shell station there where they sell very good sausage and they were outta the jalapenee cheese ones I like. I was real beat down about it. Lady behind the counter saw me draggin my jaw about it and my Aggie ring. She leans over the counter, looks around to see no one is spying, and whispers "go over to Groholski's - she's the best in town. We just sell this stuff to the tourists (and here I was, ignorant to the burgeoning Sausage tourism mecca that Bremond is today). She tells me where it is, I jump in the Batmobile and off I go. To sausage Disneyland, turns out. Mrs. Groholski's got like 20, 30 kinds of sausage, all fresh made, names I can't pronounce cause there's no vowels anywhere. Beef sausage, liver sausage, pork, spicy, mild, cured, smoked, herbed. I made the rookie mistake of joking she probably had chicken and turkey too. She stops, rears up and eyeballs me a bit, likes she's trying to decide if I'm a Communist or just pulling her leg. She finally says, very ladylike and quiet, "Ain't nobody here on a diet." I knew I was close to getting booted out the door, so I crawfished fast. "You know ma'am, I think my wife would love a couple three pounds of that smoked beef?". I put on the puppy dog kid look. She smiled and I knew I had escaped death and hangin', in that order. I loaded up on the beef and some bratwurst like stuff and one other with a 20 consonant name and paying politely (in cash, pay with a credit card in a small town and people will thunk yer on the run from the Texas Rangers), I beat a path outta there. Figured I outta be quick, she's probably cousins with the town constable, and he'd be after me in his '53 Hudson Hornet with the bored out block and his .44 Model 3 Russian.

I get home and mistake by telling Yoda I'd made the sausage haul of the century. Somehow, he talked me out of it, some story about starving daughters and turns out I had to go outta town and didn't want to freeze it (ruins it you know).

Week later, he's beggin' me to know where it came from. Offered me his dog if I told him (I deferred on the dog, if I took him I'd have to take both daughters too, and three women in my house is two too many - I'm already outnumbered with only one in the house. To top it off, that dog has got a flatulence condition. You go over there, the dog offers up his front paw like he wants a shake, so like any mullet, you reach down and yank that paw up and down. Sure enough, he grins and suddenly it smells like a cabbage factory. Just like the doggie equivalent of "pull my finger". No wonder they named him Beans). So I know Groholski's has gotta be good, Yoda is a sausage addict, he's wanted in like the three states fer kielbasa trafficking.

Go eat it.

I am Boots, and I approved this message.
BE WELL, BUT NOT DONE
Hank: "Do you know how to jumpstart a man's heart with a downed power line?"
Bobby: "No."
Hank: "Well, there's really no wrong way to do it."
Yoda
Pilgrim

Postby Yoda » Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:56 am

Boots was almost 100% correct on the last post...dog is named Kongo (Mongo was already taken as a name) and he was an extra in Blazing Saddles...was in the campfire scene but was deleted because he wanted a raise...anyway, the sausage in Bremond is truly ground up ambrosia. Now this type of ambrosia may not give you immortality (as the Greek version would)...but if you consume enough of it you will definitely die happy! Have a great 2015 all!
bludawg USER_AVATAR
BluDawg
Chuck Wagon

Postby BluDawg » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:36 am

Thanks Boot s Great read made my mornin!
Never met a cow I didn't like with a little salt and pepper.
My Blog: Http://acountryboyeats.blogspot.com
Old Country Over/Under
Webber 22" Performer
ECB
MLS
Pilgrim

Postby MLS » Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:29 pm

I am a fan of Slovacek and Prasek but I recently had Mitchells Wildgame Processing (Combes, TX) make me a run of a german blend he makes "the old stuff" and holy cow. I had to sit down! since then I have had a few of his other flavors and all have been wonderful. I didn't ask but I think he can make straight pork or beef too to which ever flavor he offers.

Return to “Sausage and Cured Meats”