Ibca magnolia results

Announcements, Roll Call and Results for ALL Competitions and Events.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

big ed USER_AVATAR
Big Ed
Outlaw

Re: Ibca magnolia results

Postby Big Ed » Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:47 am

I've heard stories of some Calcutta's that got way out of hand!! $$$

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Can't Beat A Drum!!!

Big Ed BBQ
https://www.facebook.com/BigEdBbq
Custom elf Pit (UDS on Steriods)
Water Tower pit
PK Grill
22'' weber kettle
RangerJ
Rustler

Postby RangerJ » Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:48 pm

Swamp Donkeyz BBQ wrote:You'd be surprised at what calcuttas, in small towns, will bring. I've seen cooks walk away with several thousand at 15 team cook offs in the metropolis of Trinity. I've considered crossing the bridge, next year, just to try to get a piece of that Calcutta money.

No I'd not be surprised, but with no advertised pay out, no mention of a Calcutta ( yes, cook offs advertise them), how can one decide where the money is?

At some point as Ric Flair used to say " to be the best, ya gotta beat the best".

Your kinda missing the point, actually
JMoney7269
Bandolero

Postby JMoney7269 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:39 am

Texas pyro, don't blame your unwillingness to commit to an agreement on my success. I don't trust you plain and simple, so without some contractual agreement on a large bet we will never have a bet either. So you can quit beating that dead horse now. The Calcutta had 5k in it, only paid 1st place brisket. We went for $400, highest team went for $700. Everyone else went for $100-300. We got a call the next day saying they messed up on the Calcutta and sent us an extra $1800.
Hate all you want about easy pickins cookoffs, it's just jealousy talking. The old saying is always true " HATERS GONNA HATE! It was 50 miles from my house and a well ran Cookoff. Why in the heck would I travel a few hundred miles to a huge crowd Cookoff that can't match that payout? Also it's not my due diligence to inform people of good paying cookoffs, the internet is there, use it! Logic and common sense sometimes isn't so common I guess. If you don't like me cleaning house, come and take it, if not zip it. Never understood why everyone is always on the offensive on here that's why I mainly hang out on Facebook now for BBQ talk.

The whole "if you wanna be the best, you gotta beat the best" analogy is BS!
Especially you quoting it from a wrestling show. I never claimed to be the best at anything, especially BBQ so get that out ya head and quit putting words in people mouth.

On a side note, Wes hope the BBQ catering is doing well
Last edited by JMoney7269 on Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:12 am, edited 3 times in total.
Life has no remote control, get up and change it yourself!
Those willing to sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
My $.02 is worth $37.50
JMoney7269
Bandolero

Postby JMoney7269 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:56 am

Big Ed wrote:I've heard stories of some Calcutta's that got way out of hand!! $$$

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We got ran up to $900 in a Calcutta before. Some teams went for $1500-2k. Oil field cookoffs are the worst
Those willing to sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
My $.02 is worth $37.50
swamp donkeyz bbq USER_AVATAR
Swamp Donkeyz BBQ
Outlaw

Postby Swamp Donkeyz BBQ » Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:39 pm

The one in midway has quite a few oil company teams. They've got rigs popping up everywhere out that way. If it's not oil, it's natural gas.
buzz USER_AVATAR
buzz
Throw Down MVP

Postby buzz » Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:31 pm

Let me kill this thread. Great job JM, what the heck looks to me you are a you know when to play them and when to fold them team .!! Lots of jealousy that I can't believe , why are you people down this mans back because he won money? Do I know this person, no but he seems to be a smart business man. Great job JM if we ever meet the beer is on me. :deadhorse: :D :) :dont:
JMoney7269
Bandolero

Postby JMoney7269 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:16 pm

Yessir!
My $.02 is worth $37.50
npayne1 USER_AVATAR
NPayne1
Rustler

Postby NPayne1 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:20 pm

What buzz said!
k.a.m. USER_AVATAR
k.a.m.
Chuck Wagon

Postby k.a.m. » Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:52 am

Congrats Justin. Nicely done. :D
Always remember slow and steady wins the race.

My Hybrid cooker.
Competition trailer #2.
texaspyro USER_AVATAR
TexasPyro
Rustler

Postby TexasPyro » Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:04 am

JMoney7269 wrote:Texas pyro, don't blame your unwillingness to commit to an agreement on my success. I don't trust you plain and simple, so without some contractual agreement on a large bet we will never have a bet either. So you can quit beating that dead horse now.

I'm headed to work now, but Ill be happy to share the last Private Message between you and I where I asked you to send me your "betting agreement", I haven't heard a word since. You not trusting me has nothing to do with you not betting, Ive explained to you countless times how you have nothing to lose by simply agreeing to the bet. If either one of us decided to welch on it I think the board would take care of the rest.
JMoney7269
Bandolero

Postby JMoney7269 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:23 pm

Sorry, not interested you had your chance. Got better things to do than argue on forums.
My $.02 is worth $37.50
buzz USER_AVATAR
buzz
Throw Down MVP

Postby buzz » Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:31 pm

TexasPyro wrote:
JMoney7269 wrote:Texas pyro, don't blame your unwillingness to commit to an agreement on my success. I don't trust you plain and simple, so without some contractual agreement on a large bet we will never have a bet either. So you can quit beating that dead horse now.

I'm headed to work now, but Ill be happy to share the last Private Message between you and I where I asked you to send me your "betting agreement", I haven't heard a word since. You not trusting me has nothing to do with you not betting, Ive explained to you countless times how you have nothing to lose by simply agreeing to the bet. If either one of us decided to welch on it I think the board would take care of the rest.
May I stick my be nose in and ask what the bet is ?? Maybe someone else might what to take you up.
gator USER_AVATAR
Gator
Sheriff

Postby Gator » Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:45 pm

Ok folks, this has run its course, lets move on.
Gator

"I won't tolerate rude behavior" - Woodrow F Call
buzz USER_AVATAR
buzz
Throw Down MVP

Postby buzz » Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:39 pm

Great call lets get back to the BBQ and some fun! :D :D :D :D :D

Return to “Cookoff Announcements and Results”