Anyone looking for comp helper?

All other competition related questions or comments about recipes, techniques, and related topics.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

Tony_Wornick
Pilgrim

Anyone looking for comp helper?

Postby Tony_Wornick » Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:23 pm

Curious if any cook teams are looking for a wannabe to mentor?? I can prep, mix ingredients, start the fire, cook, get a cold beer for the team leader, etc etc. I just want to see what the comp world is like before I jump in full bore and would like a little experience under my belt first.
limey USER_AVATAR
limey
Deputy

Re: Anyone looking for comp helper?

Postby limey » Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:54 pm

My first recommendation is to judge a cookoff first. My second one is to attend Redneck cooking school. Cooking a comp will be a eye opener, that is for sure.
How bout some more beans Mr.Taggert? I'd say you've had enough!
R & O Custom Trailer
Weber 22.5 Gold
Weber 22.5 Smoky Mountain
Oklahoma Joe Longhorn Edition
Limey BBQ Co. Competition Team
npayne1 USER_AVATAR
NPayne1
Rustler

Postby NPayne1 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:04 pm

Tony, where you from? Don't really need a helper but would be glad to have ya hangout and enjoy the experience at our next comp. I'm in the SA area and think my next comp will be in boerne late August.
All_Grilla_No_Filla
Cowboy

Postby All_Grilla_No_Filla » Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:49 pm

Hey there, Tony,

Looks like I'm in your immediate area. Lemme know if you'd like to meet up for a cold one or something and talk about the comps. We also have a couple of comps coming up that will be within a couple of hours drive of us up here, if you wanted to hang out. The next ones up here close enough for us will begin in August, I believe, and there will be a couple per month I'll probably do from August through October. Just a thought. Lemme know if I can help.
JMoney7269
Bandolero

Postby JMoney7269 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:42 am

Looks like your 1:53 away from
Me, PM sent
Life has no remote control, get up and change it yourself!
Those willing to sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
My $.02 is worth $37.50
riseabove50 USER_AVATAR
riseabove50
Rustler

Postby riseabove50 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:10 pm

that's actually not a bad idea. i'd be interested in signing up for a mentor/mentee program related to competition cooking. I would of course be a mentee.
chashint
Wrangler

Postby chashint » Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:27 am

All_Grilla_No_Filla wrote:Hey there, Tony,
Looks like I'm in your immediate area. Lemme know if you'd like to meet up for a cold one or something and talk about the comps. We also have a couple of comps coming up that will be within a couple of hours drive of us up here, if you wanted to hang out. The next ones up here close enough for us will begin in August, I believe, and there will be a couple per month I'll probably do from August through October. Just a thought. Lemme know if I can help.

I am interested in attending a competition too.
You probably don't need a cheering section, but I think it would add to my experience to have a team to root for.
If you don't mind sharing your schedule / team name I would like to attend a comp or two reasonably close to Dallas.
Markw142
Cowboy

Postby Markw142 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:04 am

We will be competing in the IBCA Holy Comforter Episcopal Church cook-off in Spring Tx area, August 29-30. I'm more than willing to mentor and share the meager comp experience that I have.
WDS Cookers - Tomball Tx
LoneStar Grillz LSGTP 24’’X 84’’ trailer rig
Oklahoma Joe offset 20"x48" home rig
Weber kettle
sanchezrc2
Pilgrim

Postby sanchezrc2 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:47 pm

I wouldnt mind throwing my name in the hat, im in san antonio, ive had a traeger for a while and would like to make to the transition to wood burning smoker, lmk if anyone needs any help, a cpl of my buddies at our shop wouldnt mind at all!

Return to “Competition BBQ Discussion”