Ibca junecookoff 6/13 Columbus Tx (results)

Announcements, Roll Call and Results for ALL Competitions and Events.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

texaspyro USER_AVATAR
TexasPyro
Rustler

Re: Ibca junecookoff 6/13 Columbus Tx (results)

Postby TexasPyro » Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:28 pm

I think my forum reply page is broken, I don't have a "Post Pit Pics in every single post" button.
big ed USER_AVATAR
Big Ed
Outlaw

Postby Big Ed » Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:35 pm

Congrats on your calls!!! You sure are proud of that pit cause Ive seen it in just about all your post. :laughing7:
Can't Beat A Drum!!!

Big Ed BBQ
https://www.facebook.com/BigEdBbq
Custom elf Pit (UDS on Steriods)
Water Tower pit
PK Grill
22'' weber kettle
JMoney7269
Bandolero

Postby JMoney7269 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:21 pm

Well wouldn't you be? New additions, all my ideas, Pitmaker is just top notch on everything they do and it shows! Took years of saving and lots of time to accomplish our team, strategies and recipes. Sorry for all the pics, I forget we now live in an era where accomplishments are bad and the harder you work and get ahead, you must be doing something wrong. :banghead: :dont:
Life has no remote control, get up and change it yourself!
Those willing to sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
My $.02 is worth $37.50
jtilk
Outlaw

Postby jtilk » Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:36 pm

Well congrats on the calls... I've got a case of the chapped @$$ myself for this cookoff. Planned on doing it and got 20 mins outside of Columbus before getting the phone call my sone was sick. Decided to turn around and be close to family and do an event rather than sit for 2 hrs away for 2 days straight talking to my pit and myself.

One thing I will say about a nice pit is it draws alot of attention, rather than attention to the cook. Good or bad, I've just noticed since having mine everyone wanst to talk about "getting one of these soon"... truth be told it's the cook not the pit that'll get you the accomplishments. If they think buying the rig will buy the wins, they have another thing coming. A great rig is nice, but I've found as with golf alot of people will look like a million bucks and play like .25... Not saying this is the case here or with anyone else in particular but just throughout the "sport" (if you wanna call it that) in general.

Congrats again J$, looks like you guys had a great showing.
-Josh

Big Green Egg
Pitmaker Vault

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson
JMoney7269
Bandolero

Postby JMoney7269 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:12 pm

Thanks JTILK. I got a buddy that just bought a regular 48" sniper and vault. He is a little discouraged at the moment IMO because he spent $8000 and he still ain't winning. He also did this Columbus Cookoff but didn't make finals on any category. He got a little ways to go yet but the dude puts us heart and soul into his BBQ so we are gonna have a few get togethers at the house and see if we can't get him some walks. I 100% agree that it ain't the pit, it's the cook. I could do just as good cooking on my traeger, uds, and weber smokey joe in comps but I have to admit, not having to load anything, EVER makes cookoffs so much more enjoyable. Because this is how I started with the BBQ obsession
All in the truck, even slept in it, no shower no nothing, just a pop up, a traeger and a rusty ol grill. It took us 2 years of cookoffs to start hitting top 10 in anything. Those that work hard to better themselves is a great thing, though sometimes thought otherwise. BBQ is my hobby and we love doing it. Between competitions, my little catering gigs, and few sponsorships it's actually a money making deal that I intend on buying a food truck and another pitmaker trailer with twin reverse flow magnum snipers one day. You never work a minute if your hobby is your job.
Yeah chapped tail is an understatement for what I had for this Cookoff but we won't go there.
Life has no remote control, get up and change it yourself!
Those willing to sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
My $.02 is worth $37.50
bruno994 USER_AVATAR
bruno994
Cowboy

Postby bruno994 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:28 am

Congrats on the calls J$.
Hale of a Good BBQ...2013-2014 IBCA Third Coast Cooker of the Year...Semi-retired...
k.a.m. USER_AVATAR
k.a.m.
Chuck Wagon

Postby k.a.m. » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:23 am

Congrats on the calls Justin. I am glad you got your brisket back. We struggled with ours at the beginning of the year but after a couple of tweaks are getting it back with a 1st and a fifth against a very tough field of brisket cookers in our last two events.
Always remember slow and steady wins the race.

My Hybrid cooker.
Competition trailer #2.

Return to “Cookoff Announcements and Results”