Festival Of Lights

All other competition related questions or comments about recipes, techniques, and related topics.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

a.n.c. USER_AVATAR
A.N.C.
Pilgrim

Festival Of Lights

Postby A.N.C. » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:03 pm

hey all its me Chris head chef of the all night cookers just seeing who is going to the cook-off just want too meet some new faces :deadhorse: .
jtilk
Outlaw

Re: Festival Of Lights

Postby jtilk » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:06 pm

A.N.C. wrote:hey all its me Chris head chef of the all night cookers just seeing who is going to the cook-off just want too meet some new faces :deadhorse: .

Me and some buddies are there every year... already turned in my paperwork as a returning team. :D
-Josh

Big Green Egg
Pitmaker Vault

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson
jtilk
Outlaw

Postby jtilk » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:44 pm

May not be as big as last year... The peeps heading it up are pretty good friends of mine and from what I've been told there are only a fraction of the entries they had at this time last year. Needless to say it tops 30 every year, but last year they had nearly 60.
-Josh

Big Green Egg
Pitmaker Vault

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson
k.a.m. USER_AVATAR
k.a.m.
Chuck Wagon

Postby k.a.m. » Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:34 am

JMoney7269 wrote:Sodalak girl still running it? She's easy on the lookers!
It's because they don't farkin pay anything. Cookoffs are gettin too greedy trying to take In over 50% in the mean time screwing the cookers and therefore the next year they don't return. Sealybration we barely won our money back with the Gc and 1st place chefs choice and 2nd pintos.

Stick with sanctioned cook offs with better payouts. Leave the GC's at the mom and pop cooks to the less expierienced.
Trophys and titles don't mean squat if the money doesn't back it up. I am my own sponsor so I have to go in knowing there is money on the table to support my hobby and most unsanctioned cooks are just bragging rights cook offs.
Always remember slow and steady wins the race.

My Hybrid cooker.
Competition trailer #2.
3 star redneck USER_AVATAR
3 star redneck
Chuck Wagon

Postby 3 star redneck » Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:55 am

Kevin... You couldn't have said any better !!!! I agree 100 %!!!!!....
R&O Custom Offset....It rocks!!!!
http://www.redneckcooker.com

Hook Em' Horns
jh3 USER_AVATAR
jh3
Pilgrim

Postby jh3 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:10 pm

This will be our second year. Had a very good time last year.
JMoney7269
Bandolero

Postby JMoney7269 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:06 pm

These used to be all sanctioned. Now their not and don't pay squat so we don't go. We do 50/50 sanctioned/non. A lot of the the mom and pops cooks we have done have 30-50 teams and pay $500 first and Gc. To say there is only money in sanctioned Cookoffs is not true. I have seen plenty of sanctions pay worse, but in general the only ones that pay any better are the state championships
Life has no remote control, get up and change it yourself!
Those willing to sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
My $.02 is worth $37.50
jtilk
Outlaw

Postby jtilk » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:12 pm

I cant speak for the pay outs cus I dont know the %, but check the calendars fellas this is a sanctioned cook (IBCA). I know they do alot of jackpot categories that pay back 100% to try and increase the pot $$, all in all I think there are an additional 5-6 categories outside of the big 3.
-Josh

Big Green Egg
Pitmaker Vault

a.n.c. USER_AVATAR
A.N.C.
Pilgrim

Postby A.N.C. » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:15 pm

josh- is right this cook-off is sanctioned and this is also my 2nd year and its a great cook-off these are the kind COOKS should come too. Great environment great people good prizes all around worth the trip. Any who got 2 spots this year we Are the all night cookers come by we will cooking fajitas on Friday. I will try to walk around and check some of y'all out need some ideas for a new pit.Hope :vi to see you all out their. PLEASE NO RAIN!!!! :dont:

Were lovers were lookers and BBQ cookers-A.N.C.
allend23
Wrangler

Postby allend23 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:25 pm

Sons of Barbecue will be there
-Allen Day
Sons of Barbecue

Pitmaker trailer with Vault and Grillmeister
jtilk
Outlaw

Postby jtilk » Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:40 pm

*Bump*...Anyone else planning on attending??
-Josh

Big Green Egg
Pitmaker Vault

JMoney7269
Bandolero

Postby JMoney7269 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:04 pm

What is the date? Since I don't got a Motorhome or BBQ pits at the moment, judging sounds like a good idea to me since we plan to do it next year
Life has no remote control, get up and change it yourself!
Those willing to sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
My $.02 is worth $37.50
jtilk
Outlaw

Postby jtilk » Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:43 pm

It was this wkend... just stepped in from the cookoff about 2 hours ago.
-Josh

Big Green Egg
Pitmaker Vault

Return to “Competition BBQ Discussion”