New comp trailer plans

All other competition related questions or comments about recipes, techniques, and related topics.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

JMoney7269
Bandolero

New comp trailer plans

Postby JMoney7269 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:07 pm

Just got my custom 7' wide Pitmaker trailer plans complete. Takin them a fat check Tuesday to e this project Rollin before the new season hits for us. My vault is gettin too small for SOme of the weekend cooks I been doin. It's gonna be one heck of a comp/catering/party machine. We just got another sponsor this coming year, that's more fun for us and friends and sponsors. Just gotta cook 1 extra brisket, 2 chickens and 2 slabs of ribs.
Life has no remote control, get up and change it yourself!
Those willing to sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
My $.02 is worth $37.50
js-tx USER_AVATAR
js-tx
Cowboy

Re: New comp trailer plans

Postby js-tx » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:58 pm

Bet it's gonna be nice, congrats J$!

What's that blue ladder looking thing, top left?
JMoney7269
Bandolero

Postby JMoney7269 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:32 am

Those are slide out ramps. My artic cat prowler will be going on the trailer sideways. Some local comps we attend have long turn ins, so they allow utv's
This is my current ghetto rigged comp trailer.
Those willing to sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
My $.02 is worth $37.50
cypertj USER_AVATAR
CypertJ
Bandolero

Postby CypertJ » Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:14 am

That's gonna be a sweet rig. Are you going to use your current vault, or will this one be a shiny new one?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
JMoney7269
Bandolero

Postby JMoney7269 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:24 pm

Are you kiddin me? Lol wife would kill me if This trailer exceeds anther $. I love my current vault. I know exactly what she likes and it's good and Broke in now. That baby has way paid for itself with al the 1st and GC's we had this year
My $.02 is worth $37.50
cypertj USER_AVATAR
CypertJ
Bandolero

Postby CypertJ » Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:04 pm

I'd love to have one one of these days but I want my offset trailer project finished first.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
bruno994 USER_AVATAR
bruno994
Cowboy

Postby bruno994 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:38 pm

Gonna be nice, can't wait to see some finished pics.
Hale of a Good BBQ...2013-2014 IBCA Third Coast Cooker of the Year...Semi-retired...
JMoney7269
Bandolero

Postby JMoney7269 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:38 pm

Lol so I didn't think this one too far through. Where is my burner? How am I gonna cook beans or boil taters etc for catering? Gonna move the uds between the sniper and vault, gonna get the Pitmaker multijet 100k btu brass burner. I'm hoping that business will be good enough down the road, I will be able to add another magnum sniper that's removable via push pins and a forklift.
My $.02 is worth $37.50
datsbbq USER_AVATAR
DATsBBQ
Deputy

Postby DATsBBQ » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:39 pm

I'd use the nose area for storage. If you're planning on being a legal caterer you'll need three S.S. sinks large enough to wash your largest item that needs washing. A fourth one for hand washing will give the food police a warm fuzzy when they inspect your rig. You ought to run the plans by those folks before installing everything. Water supply and grey water system is another must to figure out. Waste water tanks can't be in series or in parallel, just one large enough to the job. Get much above 50 gallons and they get pricey. Hot water is another biggie. Suggest an on demand propane heater. Commercial grade is pricy too.

If you plan on having a deep fat fryer inside, budget for a fire suppression range hood. Might want to do the frying outside with a turkey fryer.

Really, I don't want to rain on your parade but I've been down this road a couple times but never could get past the food police with my budget. That's why food trucks run 50K to 100K.
Deputy Dave

“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."-Bruce Lee
JMoney7269
Bandolero

Postby JMoney7269 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:07 pm

Those are all good mentions and thanks for the advise, that's just gonna be the BBQ trailer though all of the local food inspectors already signed off on this setup, which will still need visual inspection
But I'm still probably at least a year from pulling the trigger though. I hate financing stuff, my tundra was the only thing I ever financed when I was 19 and paid it off 2 years early. Interest is what kills people. I always saw it as if you buy stuff you don't need, eventually you will sell stuff you do need.
My $.02 is worth $37.50
datsbbq USER_AVATAR
DATsBBQ
Deputy

Postby DATsBBQ » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:25 pm

You need to press them (County Heath Department) on that. Tell them straight up that trailer is used for catering. There isn't a county in the country that would license a mobile kitchen without at least three sinks. Yeah, there is the commissary exemption but then you still need two. Unless you're best friends with a restauranteur good luck. Just saying.
Deputy Dave

“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."-Bruce Lee
JMoney7269
Bandolero

Postby JMoney7269 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:36 am

DATsBBQ wrote:You need to press them (County Heath Department) on that. Tell them straight up that trailer is used for catering. There isn't a county in the country that would license a mobile kitchen without at least three sinks. Yeah, there is the commissary exemption but then you still need two. Unless you're best friends with a restauranteur good luck. Just saying.

Thanks for the Insight.
1. Who needs to press them on what?
2. A BBQ pit is not a mobile kitchen therefore does not have to have sinks.
3. Well it's kinda technical, but not all statutory law is final. Trust me I know, been Beatin cases for years as my own council. I research a lot of law all the way back to the manga carta, but mainly the Declaration of Independence, constitution, bill of rights, case law precedence and Jurisprudence. Not too worried about them types but it is nice to keep them off your back. Not looking to rattle any cages here btw, no "watch this, this is gonna be good" necessary :joker:
My $.02 is worth $37.50
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:05 pm

:roll:
sdar
Pilgrim

Postby sdar » Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:57 pm

Good luck. One sink wouldn't pass up here with Racehorse Haynes representing you against the health depth. :shock:
JMoney7269
Bandolero

Postby JMoney7269 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:59 pm

That will be considered a hand washing sink, the real sinks will be in the food truck
My $.02 is worth $37.50

Return to “Competition BBQ Discussion”