POMF Cook out, (My First Cook off)

Announcements, Roll Call and Results for ALL Competitions and Events.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

pitpig4151 USER_AVATAR
PITPIG4151
Rustler

POMF Cook out, (My First Cook off)

Postby PITPIG4151 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:47 am

So I did my first cook off and learned a lot. People and judges alike loved my Brisket but it didn’t place. Not sure I know what it takes yet to place so back to the boards. I did have a great deal of fun and met really great people. I honestly cannot wait till the next one. Attached are some pics of the food, fun, and camp. Of course anytime there is apple pie moon shine and boudan passed around you have fun regardless. :texas:
Ole Hickory EL revolving racks 45 sq ft.

"Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
-Sam Houston
npayne1 USER_AVATAR
NPayne1
Rustler

Re: POMF Cook out, (My First Cook off)

Postby NPayne1 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:25 am

Pit pig, don't get discouraged, comps are a dif beast. Just keep going, cooking, and most importantly, having fun and the calls will come. Maybe I'll run into u at a comp and we can bs about Q and LEO crap. Keep up the good work
swamp donkeyz bbq USER_AVATAR
Swamp Donkeyz BBQ
Outlaw

Postby Swamp Donkeyz BBQ » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:44 am

^^^This!^^^

With emphasis on have a good time!
bruno994 USER_AVATAR
bruno994
Cowboy

Postby bruno994 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:36 am

As long as you had fun and want to do it again and no one got injured, it was a success! If you did not stay after awards to sample the winning brisket, make sure and do so next time, it will really help you shorten your learning curve. That is one helluva pit you got there by the way. Very nice! Good luck in the future!
Hale of a Good BBQ...2013-2014 IBCA Third Coast Cooker of the Year...Semi-retired...
pitpig4151 USER_AVATAR
PITPIG4151
Rustler

Postby PITPIG4151 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:57 pm

Thanks Gents. Much needed approval! I had no problem having a good time. I did enjoy the comp. and I really enjoyed the people there. Very friendly and not at all like on TV. I was surprised. :texas:
Ole Hickory EL revolving racks 45 sq ft.

"Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
-Sam Houston
JMoney7269
Bandolero

Postby JMoney7269 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:31 am

Add more salt! Cook it to fork tender.
For non sanctioned comps when the birds on the cuttin board, twist them leg bones and snap em to alleviate any chance that there are some old timers In there and they do by chance touch em to see. It's total bull malarky but it does happen, trust me. Not everyone is perfect as our govt! He he :mrgreen: :dont:
Good job on the comp. making all the turn ins is the hardest start point. Just keep at it, you'll be taking walks before you know it.
Life has no remote control, get up and change it yourself!
Those willing to sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
My $.02 is worth $37.50
jks1911
Pilgrim

Postby jks1911 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:03 pm

Good luck, have fun. My wife, son and I are new too. Our team is named Law Dogs BBQ. No wins, no calls. But lots of fun, have a blessed day.

Return to “Cookoff Announcements and Results”