IBCA Questions

All other competition related questions or comments about recipes, techniques, and related topics.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

bruno994 USER_AVATAR
bruno994
Cowboy

Re: IBCA Questions

Postby bruno994 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:04 am

Mettle wrote:
3 star redneck wrote:
Mettle wrote:I know this is an older thread, but wanted to weigh in on it.

IBCA and nonsanctioned is WAY cheaper than KCBS. Or it is for me. Luckily we are breaking even (first year, 7 comps). There is no way we could do that with a $6k-$20k trailer.

That being said, if you can win gas money and/or entry fee.... we would have spent that much money on the meat any way.

Also, if you think comps are expensive never buy a boat. Ever.

First off Welcome to the jungle... :laughing7: ......Your correct but I cook NO unsacntiuoned events at all........Texas BBQ, (IBCA, LSBS, TGCBBA).....have chaper enrty fees but also pay out way less prize money.....I enjoy cooking KCBS, just not very many around ......but they pay out much better ......ust go cook and have fun and the rest will fall in line.... :mrgreen:

You are a hard guy for me to contact. Hit the email button and send me an email. If you ask nicely, I'll tell you where a $20,000 IBCA contest is going to be held next year. Hope to meet some of you guys there.

Tell us all...
Hale of a Good BBQ...2013-2014 IBCA Third Coast Cooker of the Year...Semi-retired...
3 star redneck USER_AVATAR
3 star redneck
Chuck Wagon

Postby 3 star redneck » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:58 am

Bruno.... It's a secret event!!!! :laughing7: :laughing7:
R&O Custom Offset....It rocks!!!!
http://www.redneckcooker.com

Hook Em' Horns
boots USER_AVATAR
Boots
Wordsmith

Postby Boots » Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:16 pm

If you think comps are expensive, don't ever get married and have horses. They cost more and you can't cook 'em and eat 'em.

Well at least not in this country.

I had a boat once too. Once!!!! Comps are a much cheaper moneypit.
BE WELL, BUT NOT DONE
Hank: "Do you know how to jumpstart a man's heart with a downed power line?"
Bobby: "No."
Hank: "Well, there's really no wrong way to do it."
dummy que
Pilgrim

Postby dummy que » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:52 pm

it is nomore exspensive than dirt track raceing motorcycles in the late 70`s and early 80` and realy just as much fun just dosn`t hurt as much
LANG 60,BUD,AND A WHOLE PILE OF WORNOUT CHARGRILLER HORZ life is good sharp knifes,fire,and meat .
Mettle
Wrangler

Postby Mettle » Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:28 am

Mettle wrote:
3 star redneck wrote:
Mettle wrote:I know this is an older thread, but wanted to weigh in on it.

IBCA and nonsanctioned is WAY cheaper than KCBS. Or it is for me. Luckily we are breaking even (first year, 7 comps). There is no way we could do that with a $6k-$20k trailer.

That being said, if you can win gas money and/or entry fee.... we would have spent that much money on the meat any way.

Also, if you think comps are expensive never buy a boat. Ever.

First off Welcome to the jungle... :laughing7: ......Your correct but I cook NO unsacntiuoned events at all........Texas BBQ, (IBCA, LSBS, TGCBBA).....have chaper enrty fees but also pay out way less prize money.....I enjoy cooking KCBS, just not very many around ......but they pay out much better ......ust go cook and have fun and the rest will fall in line.... :mrgreen:

You are a hard guy for me to contact. Hit the email button and send me an email. If you ask nicely, I'll tell you where a $20,000 IBCA contest is going to be held next year. Hope to meet some of you guys there.

Tell us all...[/quote]

Sorry, just now caught up to this thread. The guy who organized the contest in Shreveport said they were going to double the prize money to $20,000 next year. The guy who owned the marina was super excited and made a side comment that it was more fun and better business for him than bassmasters.
Mettle
Wrangler

Postby Mettle » Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:30 am

Boots wrote:If you think comps are expensive, don't ever get married and have horses. They cost more and you can't cook 'em and eat 'em.

Well at least not in this country.

I had a boat once too. Once!!!! Comps are a much cheaper moneypit.

I think your first "and" should be an "or".
Raider18
Cowboy

IBCA Questions

Postby Raider18 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:46 pm

Ate the beans and desserts a part of GC or is it just the brisket, ribs, chicken and pork?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
3 star redneck USER_AVATAR
3 star redneck
Chuck Wagon

Postby 3 star redneck » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:06 pm

Raider18 wrote:Ate the beans and desserts a part of GC or is it just the brisket, ribs, chicken and pork?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Just th meats ... Are included for GC ... All th others are jackpots categories
R&O Custom Offset....It rocks!!!!
http://www.redneckcooker.com

Hook Em' Horns

Return to “Competition BBQ Discussion”