andouille

Sausage making and curing meats.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

sancho
Rustler

andouille

Postby sancho » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:45 pm

I've got some coming from Jacobs in La Place.

It's supposed to be the best and so we're about to find out. I will say the pictures I've seen lead me to believe from the texture that it is. Updates to follow. Hopefully they ship tomorrow and if so it'll be here Friday.

texas bbq syndicate USER_AVATAR
Texas BBQ Syndicate
Wrangler

Re: andouille

Postby Texas BBQ Syndicate » Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:34 pm

I lived in baton Rouge and ran the gulf coast for a couple years, ( from Corpus to Bay St Luis) and in my humble opinion, the best andouille I have ever had, for eatin and cooking comes from Burts Meat market in Houston on Shotwell. I dont know if they ship but I am lucky enough to be close enough to get it when I need it.
JMHO
Pitmaker Safe
Pitmaker Grillmiester
Pitmaker Long Sniper
Hasty Bake Legacy
the idiot USER_AVATAR
The Idiot
Pilgrim

Postby The Idiot » Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:53 am

I was going to make a batch of Chorizo this weekend, but having looked at the pic I might change my plans and run up a batch of Andouille!

Do those ones have any chitterlings in; it looks to be nice fatty pork, but I've read that some have a small percentage of guts. I've got some frozen Uterus which I might add to half the batch!

Now I'm hungry!
The Idiot Gardener - gardening, brewing, charcuterie, cooking and banjo playing, all without any clue whatsoever!
sancho
Rustler

Postby sancho » Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:12 pm

As far as I know it doesn't have any chitlins in it. I would guess it to be about a 30% fat ratio.
Meatcutter
Pilgrim

Postby Meatcutter » Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:59 pm

Sancho, there Andouille is great!! I supply the beef middles they use to make it. Also, all there hog casing too.

Return to “Sausage and Cured Meats”