Ping DFW folks...

Announcements, Roll Call and Results for ALL Competitions and Events.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

bigwheel
Outlaw

Ping DFW folks...

Postby bigwheel » Sat Aug 04, 2007 2:07 pm

We got a tentative offer by email to go to promotional event at the Mesquite Civic Center on 9/25/07 (Tuesday I think). Idea being to cook meat at home and bring it and your pit to set up near the front entry and pass out small sample portions of meat to about 500 total folks..which they will then be offered a new species of Cattlemans BBQ sauce to dunk it into. Hours be about 8 AM till 6 PM. Not sure how they got our name but it a bit too ambitious for us. Anybody who is interested in doing this let me know by PM or email and I will provide all the gory details and a contact phone number for the man in charge of the operation. Believe there is some possibility they will supply the meat or at least part of the meat. Did not get into any pricing schemes.

bigwheel
nascarchuck USER_AVATAR
nascarchuck
Retired Lawman

Postby nascarchuck » Sat Aug 04, 2007 4:36 pm

Hey! A free meal!!! Just gotta keep walking through the front door though... :lol:
Chuck

http://cookinwithchuck.blogspot.com - Updated 01/10/10

datsbbq USER_AVATAR
DATsBBQ
Deputy

Postby DATsBBQ » Sat Aug 04, 2007 4:58 pm

Sounds like fine opportunity for someone looking to make a name for themselves. Hand out a business card with the sample. I'd do it, but the commute wouldn't be much fun. 8)
Deputy Dave

“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."-Bruce Lee
bigwheel
Outlaw

Postby bigwheel » Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:29 pm

Yeppers...cant agree any higher. Gurahantee a person at least get a lifetime free sample of Cattlemans Sweet. Now they got one called Bold n Spicy I think (or similar)..which is very good. I run out of it quick anyway. Real conducive to being cut with water or apple juice or whutever. Sort of a concentrate so to speak. Real hard to find in these parts and they real proud of it a person is able to find some. Sysco Foods restaurant division if the only place I have seen it made available to the general public with a tax number. Course you order a coupla of jugs a year they gonna smell a rat and cut you off dontcha know?

bigwheel

Return to “Cookoff Announcements and Results”