Bedford Blues Festival Cook-Off

Announcements, Roll Call and Results for ALL Competitions and Events.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

geeksmoke USER_AVATAR
GeekSmoke
Rustler

Bedford Blues Festival Cook-Off

Postby GeekSmoke » Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:09 pm

Is anyone going to be competing at this cook-off this year?
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."-John 15:13
"Who is John Galt?"-Ayn Rand
"I reject your reality and substitute my own."-Adam Savage
cowboydon USER_AVATAR
cowboydon
Retired Lawman

Re: Bedford Blues Festival Cook-Off

Postby cowboydon » Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:18 pm

Bryan -
Tim's Tailgate BBQ Team will be there. Looking forward to this cook alot, got a lot of fond memories of last years cook. The cookoff is excellent, but the festival is an awesome event as well. There are great vendors there and there is plenty for the whole family to do.
CowboyDon
Garland, Texas :texas:
Check out my BBQ @
https://www.instagram.com/alltherealbbq/
alltherealbbq
3 star redneck USER_AVATAR
3 star redneck
Chuck Wagon

Postby 3 star redneck » Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:30 pm

Will be out on sunday pm to visit and see some good music....got couple friends that will be cooking from the Houston area...looking forward to it...
R&O Custom Offset....It rocks!!!!
http://www.redneckcooker.com

Hook Em' Horns
ecto1 USER_AVATAR
ecto1
Cowboy

Postby ecto1 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:35 pm

I know Que'a Syde will be there with his new UDS and a big ol reverse flow. We are cooking here in the Houston area that weekend.
"Intelligence is something we are born with. BBQ’ing is a skill that must be learned"

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pages/Fat-Ash-BBQ/204098269604777
geeksmoke USER_AVATAR
GeekSmoke
Rustler

Postby GeekSmoke » Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:42 pm

Since I may be moving to Tucson, I am thinking of taking the KCBS judging class. It looks like the main sanctioning bodies are them and BCS out west.
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."-John 15:13
"Who is John Galt?"-Ayn Rand
"I reject your reality and substitute my own."-Adam Savage
queʹa syde USER_AVATAR
Que'a Syde
Cowboy

Postby Que'a Syde » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:16 am

Yes i will be there and am looking forwad to it...I will also be taking the judges class as well on saturday...Im betting it will be a hoot and my offer still stands if anyone wants to popin dropme a line i got extra bands if needed..Ill also have ma pc tablet with me so ill be postin pics and skypin with people as well as cookin..yes, i am such a internet geek that i cant even go to a cook off with out some sort of pc. And i need some entertainment during the quiet time...lol..If u want to fine me as Fat Ash said ill be there my my rk250 and my drum..My pits ez to spot as im betting its the only one with puzzle pieces for door stops on top...lol...I look forward to seeing anyone from the forum there.. LETS GET IT ON!!!!!! :geek:
East Texas Smoker RK250/Autism edition
Fat Ash Drum Smoker
KCBS Memeber #60187
KCBS Certified Judge #60187
MBN Member #T110238
woody wood USER_AVATAR
Woody Wood
Bandolero

Postby Woody Wood » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:41 am

I am trying to make this one too
El Rey Smokers
Traeger
Big Green Egg
MeatChurch BBQ
Oakridge BBQ
Backwoods Spirits

3 Woody's BBQ
RangerJ
Rustler

Postby RangerJ » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:35 pm

I'll be there. Cooking on two new pits, hoping not to finish DAL.
queʹa syde USER_AVATAR
Que'a Syde
Cowboy

Postby Que'a Syde » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:45 am

ok, so it seems my bad luck hasnt quite let loose yet...hrm..my partner called me today and told me he will be working 6 10s till end of sept..so it seems i will be there but i wont be participating in the peoples choice now..ill have to drop it since i cant be at the pc class at the same time they are having the kcbs judges class.Well at least im only out 15 bux...lol..lets hope the rain gods will be nice and send us a good thunderstom that weekend or god willing some fall relief..Im not a fan of the cold but i have had enough heat to last me a while...lol...and it also figures that my first cook would be agaist some of the better teams around..oh well..learn learn learn! Its the only way to get better :cheers:
Fat Ash Drum Smoker
KCBS Memeber #60187
MBN Member #T110238
jtb USER_AVATAR
JTB
Wrangler

Postby JTB » Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:42 am

High Voltage BBQ will be there!!! Looking foward to this one again!!
Jason Blount
HIGH VOLTAGE BBQ
worchard USER_AVATAR
worchard
Rustler

Postby worchard » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:16 am

Que'a Syde wrote:ok, so it seems my bad luck hasnt quite let loose yet...hrm..my partner called me today and told me he will be working 6 10s till end of sept..so it seems i will be there but i wont be participating in the peoples choice now..ill have to drop it since i cant be at the pc class at the same time they are having the kcbs judges class.Well at least im only out 15 bux...lol..lets hope the rain gods will be nice and send us a good thunderstom that weekend or god willing some fall relief..Im not a fan of the cold but i have had enough heat to last me a while...lol...and it also figures that my first cook would be agaist some of the better teams around..oh well..learn learn learn! Its the only way to get better :cheers:

I had the same problem last year and they will let you go to the Judge's Class and come back to get your stuff for the pc session later. Just get a hold of the promoter. Now that being said, if you are running solo I would deal with the people's choice.
Diamond Plate FAT 50 Square
Team Grills Gone Wild - We Smokin'!
pancake USER_AVATAR
Pancake
Pilgrim

Postby Pancake » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:55 am

Thinking about trying this one for my first competition since it's right up the street from my house. I have no idea what I'm getting into, so I'll put my stupid questions here :lol:

How much(quantity) do you guys usually cook?
-Peter
-Lazy Bones BBQ
RangerJ
Rustler

Postby RangerJ » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:36 am

Pancake wrote:Thinking about trying this one for my first competition since it's right up the street from my house. I have no idea what I'm getting into, so I'll put my stupid questions here :lol:

How much(quantity) do you guys usually cook?

You will get a varied response here but certainly not a stupid question. Many cook offs are very large events for teams which have multiple sponsors or as a company event and they cook quite a bit of meat to feed folks on Friday night or after the competition on Saturday.

I cook for the competition only and some folks say I still cook too much but this is what works for me

2 Briskets - I still cook packers, some just cook flats
2 Pork Butts - Not needed on most weekends as this particular meat is not judged in many of the Texas organizations except on certain occassions.
3 racks of spares
12 Chicken Thighs - I need 6 or more for turn in. For IBCA / TGC, etc. I do two whole chickens.

Come on out this is a well run competition and there will be plenty of us there to help you out. Finding one close to home is always a plus.
queʹa syde USER_AVATAR
Que'a Syde
Cowboy

Postby Que'a Syde » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:06 am

[quoteThinking about trying this one for my first competition since it's right up the street from my house. I have no idea what I'm getting into, so I'll put my stupid questions here][/quote]

This will be my first comp..u can drop by and see what im doin...lol..I will be cooking bout the same stuff as he stated..will be a fun time just got to practice on chicken...im prob going to do 15 to 20 thighs...=) this looks like its shaping up to be a fun time..and the forum looks to be well represented..My goal is not to come in Dead Last...lol...and not Die of Heat Stroke...its still looking to be a Hot one...and hopefully check out a great performance by Buddy Guy... :geek:
Fat Ash Drum Smoker
KCBS Memeber #60187
MBN Member #T110238
gomeat USER_AVATAR
Gomeat
Cowboy

Postby Gomeat » Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:50 pm

BTW I just noticed that it's at a different location than last year. I'm sure you guys already noticed but it's behind the Bedford city hall building, north of 183 and west of Central Avenue. Sorta north of that Harley dealer on the westbound service road.
http://timstailgatebbqteam.com/
Follow us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/page ... 4626257902" target="_blank
Hasty Bake Fiesta & Hastings
Klose Smoker
"Acta Non Verba; In Incendia Verum"

Return to “Cookoff Announcements and Results”