Throwdown Suggestions

Bring it on! This is our online version of BBQ contests.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

tx sandman USER_AVATAR
TX Sandman
Outlaw

Postby TX Sandman » Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:41 pm

Maybe for each entry, we should each send in a bottle of sauce or a favorite rub as an entry fee? Would ensure a good pool of prizes.

I'll go on record now as volunteering some things for next Throwdown. Don't know what, yet, but I'll think of something.
Rob - TX Sandman
Midnight Blue Smokers BBQ Team

"...grilling is fun and tasty, but it isn't brain surgery and the patient won't die if you mess up."
Steven Raichlen
steercrazy USER_AVATAR
SteerCrazy
Retired Lawman

Postby SteerCrazy » Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:32 pm

TX Sandman wrote:Maybe for each entry, we should each send in a bottle of sauce or a favorite rub as an entry fee? Would ensure a good pool of prizes.

I'll go on record now as volunteering some things for next Throwdown. Don't know what, yet, but I'll think of something.

I think we want to keep the throwdown as a free contest BUT if you have a favorite rub or sauce you want to contribute as a prize (like I did) well that's more than welcome!
datsbbq USER_AVATAR
DATsBBQ
Deputy

Postby DATsBBQ » Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:17 pm

SteerCrazy wrote:
TX Sandman wrote:Maybe for each entry, we should each send in a bottle of sauce or a favorite rub as an entry fee? Would ensure a good pool of prizes.

I think we want to keep the throwdown as a free contest BUT if you have a favorite rub or sauce you want to contribute as a prize (like I did) well that's more than welcome!

Etched in stone :D , but as Deputy SteerCrazy said Donations are always welcome.
Deputy Dave

“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."-Bruce Lee
tx sandman USER_AVATAR
TX Sandman
Outlaw

Postby TX Sandman » Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:44 pm

No worries. Like I said before, just a suggestion.

I will volunteer something, though. I've got a couple of ideas in mind, and think they'll go over well.
Rob - TX Sandman

Midnight Blue Smokers BBQ Team

"...grilling is fun and tasty, but it isn't brain surgery and the patient won't die if you mess up."

Steven Raichlen
datsbbq USER_AVATAR
DATsBBQ
Deputy

Postby DATsBBQ » Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:41 am

Expect an announcement concerning the next Throw Down soon. :D Could be your last chance for "input" before the Sheriff lays down the law :shock: :lol:
Deputy Dave

“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."-Bruce Lee
bowhnter USER_AVATAR
bowhnter
Chuck Wagon

Postby bowhnter » Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:08 pm

Anxiously awaiting...is it July 4th weekend or there abouts?
Mike

Primo Oval XL
Grilla Silverbac
Weber 26”, 22”, and Jumbo Joe
Weber Genesis
Ooni Pro Pizza oven
Blackstone 22 and 36
mel USER_AVATAR
mel
Bandolero

Postby mel » Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:33 pm

I'm still watting for someone to collect from all 3 contest winners. :dont:
MELs We have you covered
www.mels-bbq-covers.com
made in the USA

1-800-569-3592
puff USER_AVATAR
Puff
Bandolero

Postby Puff » Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:34 pm

nascarchuck wrote:
DATsBBQ wrote:I think the ways the polls work are embedded in the site software. Some IT guy would be up for days reading code....and could screw up the whole site. Think we'll have to live with that one.

While the numbers seem low, consider it was a vast improvement over the 1st thrown down. We had nearly double the amount of contestants and a 40% increase in voter turnout. :D

I'll say! We suspect that Puff was the only one to vote!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :roll: :dont:
datsbbq USER_AVATAR
DATsBBQ
Deputy

Postby DATsBBQ » Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:45 pm

OK guys & gals, let's not get this thread deleted by a trigger happy Deputy :lol:

Got a few minor details to work out and the forth coming sticky will be posted.
Deputy Dave

nascarchuck USER_AVATAR
nascarchuck
Retired Lawman

Postby nascarchuck » Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:48 am

Puff wrote:
nascarchuck wrote:
DATsBBQ wrote:I think the ways the polls work are embedded in the site software. Some IT guy would be up for days reading code....and could screw up the whole site. Think we'll have to live with that one.

While the numbers seem low, consider it was a vast improvement over the 1st thrown down. We had nearly double the amount of contestants and a 40% increase in voter turnout. :D

I'll say! We suspect that Puff was the only one to vote!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :roll: :dont:

Messin with ya buddy!
Chuck

http://cookinwithchuck.blogspot.com - Updated 01/10/10

Return to “TBBQF Throw Downs”