FINALS, Vote for the MVP

Bring it on! This is our online version of BBQ contests.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

Which deserves to be the Most Valuable Picture (MVP)?

Poll ended at Thu May 31, 2007 1:17 pm

T-5001
33%
A-5002
No votes
R-5003
56%
B-5004
11%

Total votes: 18
steercrazy USER_AVATAR
SteerCrazy
Retired Lawman

Postby SteerCrazy » Thu May 31, 2007 12:59 pm

pcolamike wrote:Well since I didn't make it to the finals, I'll ad my 2 cents. Being my first throw down. I know it's only the second one anyway. I think it was great fun. Not just the posting and voting, but the cooking and eating as well. Too bad y'all couldn't share in the eating part here in Pensacola. Between the Butt, the Ribs, and the Prime Rib, it's going to be a few more days before I can cook again, not to mention get up off the sofa. My entries didn't quite get shown in their best light. I mean that literally, the Florescent tubes in the kitchen were terrible for photography. I've learned my lesson, and will take that into the next Throw Down. By the way, when might that be... the 4th, or Labor day, maybe? BRING IT ON!
:slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap:

unfortunately it doesn't come down to taste but what the food looks like. it's a learning curve and we're glad you decided to participate! now tell all your other Q buddies about the throwdown and the great prizes! :)
bowhnter USER_AVATAR
bowhnter
Chuck Wagon

Postby bowhnter » Thu May 31, 2007 1:13 pm

I didn't know if I should do it here or wait for another thread. I was going to add my .02 as well....one thing being that I think you 5 (mods and Gator) should be able to participate, or at least maybe 3 of ya on a rotating basis. So what if you win, you participate on here more than most others.

This is just a personal opinion, cuz it kind of threw me off when trying to vote...Plated food with the sides etc, might ought to go in the anything goes category because it is hard to concentrate on chicken if just judging the chicken or whatever category.

I have a thought about a point system too, like 1-10, so that every pic gets voted on, then tally the points per individual, or something along those lines...

Just thinking outloud.
Mike

Primo Oval XL
Grilla Silverbac
Weber 26”, 22”, and Jumbo Joe
Weber Genesis
Ooni Pro Pizza oven
Blackstone 22 and 36
steercrazy USER_AVATAR
SteerCrazy
Retired Lawman

Postby SteerCrazy » Thu May 31, 2007 1:21 pm

bowhnter wrote:I didn't know if I should do it here or wait for another thread. I was going to add my .02 as well....one thing being that I think you 5 (mods and Gator) should be able to participate, or at least maybe 3 of ya on a rotating basis. So what if you win, you participate on here more than most others.

This is just a personal opinion, cuz it kind of threw me off when trying to vote...Plated food with the sides etc, might ought to go in the anything goes category because it is hard to concentrate on chicken if just judging the chicken or whatever category.

I have a thought about a point system too, like 1-10, so that every pic gets voted on, then tally the points per individual, or something along those lines...

Just thinking outloud.

Mike,
any information regarding throwdowns is great! It's always a work in progress and we have some ideas and changes for the next throwdown. I think we should start a thread for Throwdown suggestions and include everyone.

Return to “TBBQF Throw Downs”