Better Mouse Trap ???

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Better Mouse Trap ???

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:55 pm

Not exactly Meese Traps but, I do like to do stuffed jalapenos on this rack verses the ABT style. I've bought several of these over the years to use and for gifts. So when I saw this one hanging in HEB I just had to have another for some reason. Maybe because they kinda got scarce for a while and then came back. The beauty of these is that the pepper kinda suspends on the rack and the bacon drippings go inside and outside while cooking. My boys will devour the peppers if I don't watch them so maybe a second rack won't go to waste after all. All you do is clip of the top stem, core the seeds and veins, fill with the filling of your choice and drape a piece of bacon over the top. I have stuffed with shrimp, crab meat, cheese, ground meats and combinations of them also. Got T-Day coming here at the Casa so my "two" racks will be busy that day for sure.

There's also something about the shape that really strikes my fancy :laughing7: :texas:
IMG_0005.JPG
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
okie sawbones USER_AVATAR
Okie Sawbones
Outlaw

Re: Better Mouse Trap ???

Postby Okie Sawbones » Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:24 pm

Oklahoma? :laughing7:
KCBS - CBJ
PNWBA - CBJ
Jambo Clone, Primo Oval XL, Blaz'n Grills Pellet Stove, Weber 22.5", Lynx SS Grill, The Big Easy
VFW - Life, DAV - Life
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:46 pm

Mouse traps here are cheese on toast grilled in the oven, that was our dinner last night after the pub, lol. Add bacon own yawns,lol. And tomatoe. Lots pepper . Big glass of milk.
Quick n easy.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
twoguysbbq USER_AVATAR
TwoGuysBBQ
Outlaw

Postby TwoGuysBBQ » Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:06 pm

Oh yes Sir Mr. OUP I've had one of these stands for a while and they work very well.
Attachments
jala-poppers.jpg
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:37 pm

Mr. Ric, why does it not surprise me that you've been all over that grill rack several times before ?
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
twoguysbbq USER_AVATAR
TwoGuysBBQ
Outlaw

Postby TwoGuysBBQ » Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:49 pm

Yes sir, the only thing is i get a lot of complaints that its too much jalapeno and they cant take the heat. "wimps"
so now I cut them in half.
Attachments
ABT'S.JPG
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:26 pm

Been there, believe it or not I made two batches one time - - - one with pepper jack and Owens hot sausage and the other with pepper jack and small shrimp. The SHRIMP ONES were even too hot for my Sons - - - - same bunch of peppers just different fillings :scratch:
Go Figger :dont:
castironchris USER_AVATAR
castironchris
Bandolero

Postby castironchris » Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:08 am

Seen those several time and wanted to pick one up but the wifey reminds me that she likes them split in half because it's too much pepper if not. One day though.....
Weber 22" with SlownSear
Weber Smokey Mountain 22"
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:31 am

10-4 on pepper, however, you actually have to use smaller peppers when they are vertical grilled in the rack opposed to split and lying down flat. I like them both ways UNTIL I get a batch that is just too Hot for everyone.
txsmkmstr USER_AVATAR
txsmkmstr
Bandolero

Postby txsmkmstr » Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:39 am

Looks like you have it figured out. I used mine exactly once and never again. Not to say I didn't like it - painted it up real pretty and it now hangs on the fence next to my sawmill blade and another pepper rack (shaped like a jalapeno). :laughing7:
Custom LSG 24x40 - 36" Blackstone - (others - R & O FatGirl, ETSC RK-250, Tejas 1628 - all sold)
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:26 am

I have that one. Works well but we quit using it because we somehow always managed to buy the peppers too big for the holes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
chilefarmer USER_AVATAR
ChileFarmer
Forum Star

Postby ChileFarmer » Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:59 am

Love it, I have had one for years, but you do have to get the right size chiles. Too big they fall over, to small they fall through. Toothpicks help. CF Thanks OUP now got to dig mine out. :D
OK, get over it, you lost. God bless America

http://s235.photobucket.com/albums/ee175/ChileFarmer" target="_blank
Lots of Sub folders to.

http://curingandsmoking.blogspot.com/" target="_blank

Return to “Pit Accessories, Stokers, Thermometers and Knives”