My New Masterbuilt 560 Gravity Feed

Any type of high heat grill.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

rexster314 USER_AVATAR
rexster314
Rustler

My New Masterbuilt 560 Gravity Feed

Postby rexster314 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:25 pm

Today I was sitting nonchalantly at my computer and my wife came in and asked me "do you want that smoker?" I had posted a picture of the new MB on Facebook a day or two ago and said it looked interesting.

Any way, we danced around it a couple of minutes, telling her it was 500 bucks and all. She told me why don't you get it? HOLY CRAP!! I checked on Walmart site and a local store had one in stock! Bought it on the spot and about an hour later I got the email saying it was ready to be picked up at the store.

Drove down, got it loaded in the Expedition and I was homeward bound.

Got it unloaded by myself (carefully) and began unboxing. I would like to meet the guy who computer designed the packing method at MB. Wow!

Got everything separated and all parts laid down on my deck. I started timing the operation when I put the first screw in the hold. Someone mentioned on a forum the assembly manual. It's mostly pictures and fairly easy to follow. With a few 10 minute breaks, I was finished in 2 hours. The worst part is starting the mounting screws for the lid handle. Mostly a blind operation and if you drop a screw in between the walls of the lid, you're pretty much out of luck getting it out. And, I did. It must be jammed somehow, cause it's not rattling. Maybe I'll get a magnet from Harbor Freight and try to get it, but it's ok if I don't.

After dinner, I got back at it to do the initial burn in and pair the cooker with my phone's MB app. Everything went good, haven't got a wi-fi connection yet, but the bluetooth connection is solid. Tomorrow I'll fiddle with the wi-fi again.

I'm probably ordering the cover for it tomorrow. I plan to do a couple racks of ribs and maybe some bbq beans tomorrow for a shakedown cook and have a 18 pound brisket waiting for me to have time to put it on.

A big, huge thanks to my wife for letting me indulge my hobby
Weber EX6 Smokefire
Masterbuilt 1050 GF
Masterbuilt 560 GF
7 Foot X 20" Pipe BBQ pit with offset firebox
KitchenAid 8 burner 88,000 btu Gasser
Masterbuilt 40" Sportsman Elite gasser
2 MES 40" smokers
Vacmaster 320 Vacuum Chamber Sealer
woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Re: My New Masterbuilt 560 Gravity Feed

Postby woodenvisions » Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:53 pm

She's a keeper!!

Congrats man, very exciting for sure. Looking forward to some grub pics and your thoughts

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:44 am

Congrats on the acquisition, Sir Rex, your wife, skills, and future cooks will only compliment your purchase. :tup: :salut: :cheers: :chef:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
spacetrucker USER_AVATAR
spacetrucker
Chuck Wagon

Postby spacetrucker » Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:33 am

your wife is a good un....
you are the responsible party to me learning about sous vide....
so I guess the charcoal smoker must be on the horizon? IDK :idea: :scratch: :dont:
there is another guy on here that did a post on one of these; since I am an automatic kind of guy and dont like piles of wood cluttering up the yard attracting rats and snakes which my wife would go bananas over.... automation has been my friend, dont get me wrong a garage full of pellets is me;( I learned on a stick burner and that is still my preference but until I have acreage, will still be the rural citified version) could be charcoal since is it cheaper as well... following the posts on these... :roll:
Don't count every day, Make every day Count
Good Cue to ya..
Vernon

FEC-100
Webber kettle 22"
Webber genesis
Blackstone pizza oven
bigbeav831
Pilgrim

Postby bigbeav831 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:53 pm

Are any of you guys having trouble with smoke leaking out of your hopper and ash box? Did any of you seal your MB beyond what the factory did?
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:42 pm

Howdy and Welcome to the Forum :texas: :tup: :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
rexster314 USER_AVATAR
rexster314
Rustler

Postby rexster314 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:39 am

bigbeav831 wrote:Are any of you guys having trouble with smoke leaking out of your hopper and ash box? Did any of you seal your MB beyond what the factory did?

Whereabouts is the leak coming from? From the doors? From where you attached the ash bin? I used some Lavalock on the lid of the cooking chamber, there were good sized leaks from there.
Weber EX6 Smokefire
Masterbuilt 1050 GF
Masterbuilt 560 GF
7 Foot X 20" Pipe BBQ pit with offset firebox
KitchenAid 8 burner 88,000 btu Gasser
Masterbuilt 40" Sportsman Elite gasser
2 MES 40" smokers
Vacmaster 320 Vacuum Chamber Sealer

Return to “Charcoal Grills, Gas Grills and Disc Cookers”