Blackstone

Any type of high heat grill.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Blackstone

Postby Norway Joe » Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:10 am

I've seen some of you are using the Blackstone. They look great, but are not available in Europe.

In pictures I've seen there are two different ways to connect propane. A small bottle and with an adapter to connect to the ordinary propan bottle. I need the adapter.

I'm thinking about the 22"table top model.

If I remember correctly, some of you mentioned that they are from time to time on sale.

Is possible that if some of you see that there is a sale on this in the USA to post a note here. If you can remember it?

I have an USA adress I can order to for delivery to Norway so as long it's possible to order online it'll work

Sent fra min SM-N950F via Tapatalk
Instagram: Norway_joe1
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Re: Blackstone

Postby bsooner75 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:37 am

Hey Joe - if I see anything I’ll post it up. They went through a closeout if the older model earlier this year which where a lot of the sales come from. However, Memorial Day weekend is coming in May and all of the big box retailers run grilling sales around here.

Your best bet would probably be WalMart. The Blackstone brand is getting a heavy presence in their stores and they are trying to step up their online sales to compete with Amazon.

Also check out a website called Brick Seek. While their inventory levels aren’t always accurate they can sometimes let you find good deals. There is an option to select in store or shipped.

https://brickseek.com/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:56 am

I appreciate it.

I checked a little and there is concern. The adapter hose connects to the regulator on the Blackstone and is screwed to the propane tank. We don't screw the hose to the tank. We put the regulator on the tank with a snap on mechanism. I have to cut the adapter hose and put on a new regulator at the tank end. That means there will be two regulators in use. Not sure how that works. The threads in US screws are also different than ours.

bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:09 am

Joernolav wrote:I appreciate it.

I checked a little and there is concern. The adapter hose connects to the regulator on the Blackstone and is screwed to the propane tank. We don't screw the hose to the tank. We put the regulator on the tank with a snap on mechanism. I have to cut the adapter hose and put on a new regulator at the tank end. That means there will be two regulators in use. Not sure how that works. The threads in US screws are also different than ours.

Have you reached out to Blackstone? They might be able to provide some insight. They just recently released a natural gas adapter kit so maybe they are working on more options to expand sales.

norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:18 am

bsooner75 wrote:
Joernolav wrote:I appreciate it.

Have you reached out to Blackstone? They might be able to provide some insight. They just recently released a natural gas adapter kit so maybe they are working on more options to expand sales.

Good idea. I can send them an email and ask.

bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:37 am

Also waiting for Woody to chime in. He might have some ideas.

grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:10 pm

Also Joe, if you can let us know exactly what your connections are then we could have a look for that as well. There are a couple of big propane shops in Houston. If we can get the right connections they will make the hose up for you.
norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:55 pm

GRailsback wrote:Also Joe, if you can let us know exactly what your connections are then we could have a look for that as well. There are a couple of big propane shops in Houston. If we can get the right connections they will make the hose up for you.
Ok. Here is the problem:

First picture shows the regulator we use.
Picture 2-4 shows the use. When we fasten the regulator to the tank we press up the black ring at the bottom of the regulator. Then we press the regulator down on the tank and release the black ring. That's it. Locked and good.

The two last pictures show the Blackstone with the regulator and the adapter hose. The adapter hose screws in to the regulator on the Blackstone and then its screwed to the tank you use.

What I need, i think, is to remove the regulator on the Blackstone but I don't know if it's possible. Then i need a hose with a screw that fits where the regulator was. Then i can connect the hose to "our" regulator at the tank end.

Hope this was understandable.ImageImageImageImageImageImage

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:33 pm

My first thoughts are:
If the I.D. of the hose coming from your Regulator on the Tank is compatible to the O.D. of the Blackstone Tubing below their Regulator, then all you need to do is borrow or buy a tubing cutter and flaring tool. Then just cut the tubing, flare it a little bit and then slip the hose (that you've also cut) coming from your tank regulator over the flare and put a good hose clamp on it. :dont:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:41 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:My first thoughts are:
If the I.D. of the hose coming from your Regulator on the Tank is compatible to the O.D. of the Blackstone Tubing below their Regulator, then all you need to do is borrow or buy a tubing cutter and flaring tool. Then just cut the tubing, flare it a little bit and then slip the hose (that you've also cut) coming from your tank regulator over the flare and put a good hose clamp on it. :dont:
That might work. Good idea.

Found this spare part on the web. That must imply that the regulator can be screwed off. A hose with a screw that fit where the regulator was is the best thing.Image

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:51 pm

Definitely, ?IF? you can locate compatible USA/Norway thread unions. :tup: :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
twoguysbbq USER_AVATAR
TwoGuysBBQ
Outlaw

Postby TwoGuysBBQ » Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:07 pm

Yes the regulator does come off for easier transportation. Also the adapter hose sold separately.
This is how I use mine with both size propane bottles
0BCBFAFF-EFBF-42B2-968B-2167497D1BD0.jpeg

2B0D8812-CD3E-4309-89CE-7ECA0B80FBC2.jpeg

2B33541F-77E7-4C6C-A63F-1E2E11647653.jpeg

E43FBAB0-84AF-4451-9EF5-CF5477EA4103.jpeg

55A8D448-2A6B-4D6C-A928-C16E341EBA46.jpeg
twoguysbbq USER_AVATAR
TwoGuysBBQ
Outlaw

Postby TwoGuysBBQ » Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:13 pm

Bottom of the regulator
5CF6A406-11AD-49C4-AC77-A12F08979ECF.jpeg

1B59ABD9-CE6E-4954-B45B-B9D5B54AE2E7.jpeg
norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:15 pm

Great. Do you think there's a way to screw the hose to the Blackstone without the regulator?

twoguysbbq USER_AVATAR
TwoGuysBBQ
Outlaw

Postby TwoGuysBBQ » Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:17 pm

Your fuel bottle has a regulator on it. So I would think you could, as long as you find the same fitting.
BFCED37F-A43B-4CA1-9BF3-21CE454C90B1.jpeg

Return to “Charcoal Grills, Gas Grills and Disc Cookers”