Gasser under 1k reccomendations

Any type of high heat grill.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

bogiedr USER_AVATAR
bogiedr
Cowboy

Gasser under 1k reccomendations

Postby bogiedr » Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:24 pm

Hello from the Sunshine State, (as the late great Gordon Solie used to say!) I am looking for your expertise in deciding what to replace my trusted old friend, the 2007 Weber Spirit E-310.
Here are some of the features I want;

1. SS burners, grates and deflectors
2. Individual igniters per burner rather than 1 push button igniter for the entire grill
3. Stand alone unit, I do not have an outdoor drop in frame for a head unit

I am considering the Weber Genesis LX line, Napoleon Prestige. I think Bullet, Bull, Lynx, Alfresco etcetera are way out of my range. Any other brands worth considering under a grand? I prefer American made but willing to compromise based on brand reputation.

I hope I am not asking too much ... I will really appreciate your thoughts! :D

Hit them straight!

BogieDr
Hit them straight
BogieDr

Kamado Joe Classic
Weber Little Joe
Weber 22.5 Performer
Weber Genesis II LX S-440
Green Mountain Daniel Boone prime
woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Re: RE: Gasser under 1k reccomendations

Postby woodenvisions » Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:57 pm

bogiedr wrote:Hello from the Sunshine State, (as the late great Gordon Solie used to say!) I am looking for your expertise in deciding what to replace my trusted old friend, the 2007 Weber Spirit E-310.
Here are some of the features I want;

1. SS burners, grates and deflectors
2. Individual igniters per burner rather than 1 push button igniter for the entire grill
3. Stand alone unit, I do not have an outdoor drop in frame for a head unit

I am considering the Weber Genesis LX line, Napoleon Prestige. I think Bullet, Bull, Lynx, Alfresco etcetera are way out of my range. Any other brands worth considering under a grand? I prefer American made but willing to compromise based on brand reputation.

I hope I am not asking too much ... I will really appreciate your thoughts! :D

Hit them straight!

BogieDr

Good luck in your hunt, unfortunately I can't offer any good info to you.
I'm sure tho that someone will come along with some ideas tho so hang tight ok ?
bogiedr USER_AVATAR
bogiedr
Cowboy

Re: Gasser under 1k reccomendations

Postby bogiedr » Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:19 pm

Woodenvisions, thank you! Folks like you make this the best BBQ forum I have experienced! Other forums are stuffy, nose up in the air type of thing, but here, nothing but people that love cooking and helping others!! Thank you so much!!!
BogieDr :D
Hit them straight
BogieDr

Kamado Joe Classic
Weber Little Joe
Weber 22.5 Performer
Weber Genesis II LX S-440
Green Mountain Daniel Boone prime
woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Re: RE: Re: Gasser under 1k reccomendations

Postby woodenvisions » Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:25 pm

bogiedr wrote:Woodenvisions, thank you! Folks like you make this the best BBQ forum I have experienced! Other forums are stuffy, nose up in the air type of thing, but here, nothing but people that love cooking and helping others!! Thank you so much!!!

Ur welcome, and there's no room on here for people with thier nose out of whack. If there was, I'd be gone myself. Life's too short ya know...
kiwiruss USER_AVATAR
Kiwiruss
Bandolero

Postby Kiwiruss » Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:55 pm

bogiedr wrote:Woodenvisions, thank you! Folks like you make this the best BBQ forum I have experienced! Other forums are stuffy, nose up in the air type of thing, but here, nothing but people that love cooking and helping others!! Thank you so much!!!

You are on a very friendly forum, lots to be learnt, as we never stop learning, and some funny guys also. This is one of my favourite places.

Russ
Be different.......we love different. :happ:
tx1911 USER_AVATAR
TX1911
Deputy

Postby TX1911 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:13 pm

Welcome from across the Gulf!

Honestly, you can't go wrong with the Weber or the Napoleon. You're going to be down to personal preference at that point. Admittedly, I don't know enough about the others you listed to offer any sort of educated opinion on them.

I've actually got a little fund going for a future Napoleon Prestige Pro, so I may be slightly biased.
Custom 24x48 offset trailer pit
Weber Smokefire EX6
Vision B Series kamado
Race Crew Drum

Return to “Charcoal Grills, Gas Grills and Disc Cookers”