The new M1 from Mgrills

Any type of high heat grill.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

m grills USER_AVATAR
M Grills
Pilgrim

The new M1 from Mgrills

Postby M Grills » Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:59 am

I wanted to introduce our new grill and smoker called the M1.

We designed this grill from the ground up and wanted to make the best charcoal/wood grilling system on the market. The M1 is designed for grilling and smoking using charcoal and/or wood. The M1 has everything you want in a backyard cooker. Thick 10 gauge steel, leveling coal grates, stainless steel cooking grates with optional second level stainless steel smoke grate, high-end industrial thermal paint that is baked on for durability, Tel-Tru stainless steel thermometer, and so much more.

M Grill Quality: Once you lift the lid on our grills, you know it’s quality. Our grills are not stamped on an assembly line or made in China. We handcraft each grill by hand in Mesquite, Texas. M Grills are made in our machine shop facility that has been in business since 1986. We design and build almost every part of the grill in house. We have been around awhile and we know how to build things right. Our mission was to build the best backyard grilling tool and I think we did so.

http://mgrills.bigcartel.com/product/m1
Visit our site for a full list of details and check out our Texas Shaped Grills and Smokers as well. We spare no expense in building our grills to insure our customers are getting their money's worth. Our grills are built like a tank, not an egg!

We will be debuting the M1 at the State Fair of Texas this year. Come by our booth and see the entire line of M Grills.

MADE IN :texas:
m grills USER_AVATAR
M Grills
Pilgrim

Re: The new M1 from Mgrills

Postby M Grills » Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:33 pm

If anyone is heading to the State Fair of Texas between now and October 18th, please stop by our booth and check out our latest M Grills.

Come by, say hello and lets talk bbq!

We are located right across from the Log House as you walk into the auto mobile building by the Chevrolet Main Stage.
gator USER_AVATAR
Gator
Sheriff

Postby Gator » Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:32 am

Hey folks - I want to give a shout out to Travis @ M-Grills, from Mesquite TX.

I had the pleasure of cooking on this smoker/grill last Saturday. I don't recall doing much - that's because I asked Travis if we could cook at about 225 degrees. BAM. 15 minutes later we are holding a steady 225 degrees. And we held 225 degrees all day long in 40's degree weather, cold, and wind blowing directly in our faces. When we were ready to leave at 3PM, she was still holding steady right at 225. We held briskets + cooked links and such all day.

The reason it held steady all day is because of the design and quality in which Travis builds these units.

When you lift the lid, oh-yeah, heavy 10 gage steel. You can literally feel the quality.

The M-1 has a lower cook chamber - end loading with a baffle/deflector shield. We poured good smoke into the cooking chamber, burning oak logs.

It also has a separate upper grill grate that adjusts up and down which sits above the deflector.

+ They are made in Texas, right here in Mesquite Texas and made by Travis.

For the money you would spend on a ceramic or high end gas grill - you can get a high quality smoker and a grill + a whole bunch more cooking room with double racks for smoking.

If you cant tell - I REALLY like the M-Grill - they are available at Elliots in Plano. Do yourself a favor if you are in the market for something that will outlast you & check out the M1.

BTW, Travis is a heck of a nice guy and pours his family's legacy into everyone he builds. This is truly a small business doing things right.

https://mgrills.com/
Attachments
M Grills.jpg
Gator

"I won't tolerate rude behavior" - Woodrow F Call
jmcrig USER_AVATAR
jmcrig
Bandolero

Postby jmcrig » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:16 pm

I haven't had the chance to play with one yet. But I've heard a lot of good things about the from Mike at BBQ Island, in Tempe, AZ. If Mike and Travis can come to terms on cost, I know they'll be carrying them.
Mark Crigler
m grills USER_AVATAR
M Grills
Pilgrim

Postby M Grills » Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:54 am

BBQ Island has a couple of them now. Well, actually they have one left to my knowledge. A customer bought one and has contacted me to tell say the M1 has far exceeded his expectations. Coming from a customer who has owned many Hasty-Bakes in the past, that is exactly what I want to hear. I do get that a lot. Many people think at first glance it's a copy of a Hasty-Bake, but it is far different. The design is completely different. Hasty-Bakes have a firebox that raises and lowers with a large access door on the side of the grill. For indirect heat you must slide in a heat deflector shield. The M1 has a dedicated firebox with a smaller 1/4" thick access door on the side and features a slide out basket much like a traditional smoker. This limits any amount of heat and smoke escaping the pit. There is a fully welded baffle that separates the firebox chamber from the main cooking chamber. The fire heats up the baffle and exits through the opening on the opposite side. The external vent is on the same side as the firebox so the smoke exists through as in a reverse airflow configuration.

There is a dedicated charcoal grate inside the main cooking chamber that can raise and lower with the crank. So its perfect for searing, grilling, and baking. Since all of our grates are 1/4" solid 304 stainless steel, you can easily clean off the charcoal grate and use it has a secondary smoking grate for an additional smoking rack.

A cook off team in San Antonio loaded it with 6 chickens and still had room for more. I have smoked 3 - 15b briskets at once with no problem.

The M1 is extremely efficient. I load it with a hot chimney of lump charcoal to get the temperature up and then throw a stick of wood on it about every 3 hours or so. I prefer to use as little charcoal as possible and mainly use wood for flavoring. It holds temperate extremely well and very even. When you open the lid to check on the meat, the temp goes right back to where it was. It doesn't jump all over the place with crazy spikes and dips. Customers have been able to hold 225 for up to 5 hours with 1 chimney of charcoal.

The build quality is key. The pits are solid welded. The lids have an internal lip that helps seal in the heat. Its all 10 gauge steel. The firebox has a 1/4" thick door and the firebox wall is lined with 409 stainless steel (The same stainless steel used for high performance catalytic converters). All of our pits are 100% made in the USA. We make everything in house including our grill covers.

So this is not just another pit. We put a lot of thought into the design and build quality into this grill/smoker. You are definitely going to see it around more. Big Poppa Smokers will be carrying the M1 starting in April. Big Poppa himself purchased one and loves it.

Not only did I design the M1, but I also create the website, photography, graphic design, branding, videos, you name it. So I`m an extremely busy person with a passion for grilling and smoking. I am working on a few cooking videos where I will be doing grill demos and going over every inch of the grill thoroughly. I'm working on creating more videos explaining the difference in this grill over the others on the market.

Stay tuned!
m grills USER_AVATAR
M Grills
Pilgrim

Postby M Grills » Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:39 pm

Hey guys.

I wanted to throw out an update. We have a few new videos posted on our youtube channel showing the M1's capabilities. We've been extremely busy over the past few months. The M1 has received the award for Top 5 Multifunctional Grill and Smoker for 2016 by from Amazingribs.com. Big Poppa's Smokers carries our grills along with Elliott's Hardware, Foreman's General Store, BBQ Island in Arizona and soon to be Charlotte Grill Company in North Carolina. We are working on a few more vendors so people can get their hands on one of these beauties and see how great they are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKoj9JIYdtU

I just posted a new one today on smoking a brisket and grilling poppers. It's a great video showing the versatility of this grill.
https://youtu.be/VKoj9JIYdtU

We are also just finishing up our prototype M48. This is a 48" wide version of our M1. Features a 24" insulated firebox, fully adjustable charcoal grate for grilling, and like all of our grills...its built like a tank. I posted a walk around video on our Instagram page (Mgrills_Texas). This thing is a beast!
gator USER_AVATAR
Gator
Sheriff

Postby Gator » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:05 am

Awesome Travis - great to see M Grills doing so well! Keep up the good work. 8)
Gator

"I won't tolerate rude behavior" - Woodrow F Call
m grills USER_AVATAR
M Grills
Pilgrim

Postby M Grills » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:43 am

Thank you very much!
m grills USER_AVATAR
M Grills
Pilgrim

Postby M Grills » Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:50 am

This video was sent in to me today from a customer and thought I would share.

Who doesn't love a good grilling video?

https://youtu.be/1yRM__n-I5k
m grills USER_AVATAR
M Grills
Pilgrim

Postby M Grills » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:33 am

Hello everyone. I wanted to share some quick news regarding our M1.

It's 2017 and after a great first year with the M1 and many wonderful customer testimonials, we made the M1 even better!
For 2017, the M1 now features Nomex bbq gaskets around the top lid and firebox door. The entire adjustable charcoal grate mechanism can be unbolted for future replacement (if ever needed), and we have redesign the firebox door latch making it smooth like butter.

The M1 is still made from thick 10 gauge steel, insulated firebox, stainless steel grates, counters, handles, and hardware. It's the most versatile wood burning smoker and charcoal grill on the market.

Thank you and Happy New Years everyone!

russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:51 pm

Awesome vid, I enjoyed the tips.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.

Return to “Charcoal Grills, Gas Grills and Disc Cookers”