Joining the dark side!

Traegers, Green Mountain, Smokin Tex and all other Pellet and Wood Chip Smokers

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

spacetrucker USER_AVATAR
spacetrucker
Chuck Wagon

Re: Joining the dark side!

Postby spacetrucker » Sun May 17, 2020 8:56 am

Txdragon wrote:My first bag is the pit boss competition blend; hickory, apple, maple.. I'm not really as enthusiastic about the taste as I am the temp consistency. What I am thinking about doing is trying to make my own pellets by a method similar to core sampling. More to come on that later. :D

Eddie Maurin, the inventor of the FEC100 featured in my avatar….
is or was in the pellet making business for cookshack, I have talked to him on several occasions once was about the pellet manufacturing business. He has a lot of knowledge on the subject one thing was on the moisture content of the sawdust that is compressed to make the pellet, another is on the base wood such as oak normally he said the base is 66% and the flavor is 44% however there are 100% flavor wood pellets so best of luck on the process. Me looked at it and decided to stay gainfully employed with the state of Texas; Maybe someday I will find the right niche..
Don't count every day, Make every day Count
Good Cue to ya..
Vernon

FEC-100
Webber kettle 22"
Webber genesis
Blackstone pizza oven
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun May 17, 2020 10:35 am

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

IS THIS A COOL BBQ FORUM OR WHAT
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
Eric2112
Pilgrim

Postby Eric2112 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:01 am

We might be married to twin sisters. I rebuilt the deck and received a PitBoss Austin XL as well. you have to do the sear plate mod as well. i bought a stainless 1/4" rod from HD and now have effortless searing. Love my PitBoss and to say that after using a stick burner for ever is a testiment

searing rod mod.jpeg

first cook.jpeg

Return to “Pellet Cookers and Smokers”