PB Austin XL Newbie Help

Traegers, Green Mountain, Smokin Tex and all other Pellet and Wood Chip Smokers

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

D02297227
Pilgrim

PB Austin XL Newbie Help

Postby D02297227 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:30 pm

So I am a new owner of a Pit Boss Austin XL, and ever since my initial burn off I have had nothing but trouble. During all 3 of my first uses (burn off, steak, brisket) I've had flameouts. No I'm fairly positive that the brisket flameours were due to a dirty pot. But my main question is about the fan. After the startup procedure my fan never comes back on. I have tried to look up answers or videos but nothing is conclusive. Even at 450 degrees there's is no fan. I feel like this is causing incomplete burning, over crowding and then burn out.

Any information would be much appreciated.
strength_and_pow
Cowboy

Re: PB Austin XL Newbie Help

Postby strength_and_pow » Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:49 pm

Call their Tech Support. They have been really helpful when I’ve had to call them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
D02297227
Pilgrim

Postby D02297227 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:35 am

SOLVED.

Called Tech Support and described my problem. Opened the access panel on the bottom of the hopper. Two connections were crossed. This caused my fan to shut off after 4 min and my ignitor to run constantly. Luckily it didn't damage the ignitor. Runs like a champ now.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:50 am

Happy Endings ROCK :wav: :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"

Return to “Pellet Cookers and Smokers”