Rec Tec Bullseye vs Pit Boss Tailgater

Traegers, Green Mountain, Smokin Tex and all other Pellet and Wood Chip Smokers

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

Raider18
Cowboy

Postby Raider18 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:16 am

As mentioned in another thread I sold my large Rec Tec because I never used a fraction of the space and I like live fire for the majority of my cooks. I still want a small pellet grill for when I don't feel like managing a fire.

Anyone here have experience with either cooker? I know for that price point the build quality will not be what I had, but I'm okay with that for the price.
chasdev USER_AVATAR
Chasdev
Outlaw

Re: Rec Tec Bullseye vs Pit Boss Tailgater

Postby Chasdev » Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:39 pm

To me, as long as nothing breaks down, it comes down to functions such as easy ash dump, easy pellet dump, etc..
I bought the small Camp Chef because of the dump features along with a pretty smart chip in the controller.
dadof6girls
Pilgrim

Postby dadof6girls » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:28 am

Have you considered the new Grilla Chimp that just came out? If I were in the market for a smaller pellet cooker, that one would have my full attention.
Raider18
Cowboy

Postby Raider18 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:11 am

dadof6girls wrote:Have you considered the new Grilla Chimp that just came out? If I were in the market for a smaller pellet cooker, that one would have my full attention.

The Chimp looks nice, but at it's price point I'd rather go Rec Tec Trailblazer.

I'm holding off buying for a few weeks but if I were forced to buy today I think I would go Davy Crockett.
roaniecowpony
Cowboy

Postby roaniecowpony » Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:18 pm

I read the review of the RecTec Bullseye on AmazingRibs.com. It says that the Bullseye doesn't have a thermostatically controlled auger. It just has a "Low, Medium, High" style controller. I recommend you read their reviews. AmazingRibs.com has always been a straight shooting place to read about equipment for me.
[i][b][color=#0000BF]Chuck[/color][/b][/i]
RecTec RT-700 Platinum Pkg
Bubba Keg grill/smoker
Capt-n-Cook 600" gasser grill
26" Weber Kettle

Return to “Pellet Cookers and Smokers”