Need Brisket Recipe for Pellet Poopers

Traegers, Green Mountain, Smokin Tex and all other Pellet and Wood Chip Smokers

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Need Brisket Recipe for Pellet Poopers

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:50 pm

My youngest Son is getting a Pit Boss 820 and I'm sure his first cook will be one or maybe two briskets and since I'm not a Brisket Dude I need some Suggestions or a Recipe to share with him. :scratch: :dont: :salut: :chef:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
chasdev USER_AVATAR
Chasdev
Outlaw

Re: Need Brisket Recipe for Pellet Poopers

Postby Chasdev » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:29 pm

Kosher salt and coarse ground black pepper rubbed on heavy, then either 275/325 for 8/10 or so hours OR 225 for 14/16 hours.
Wrap when internal temp hits 160.
Oak pellets.
Remove from cooker when a chopstick slides into the meat like going into soft butter.
Leave wrapped in a cooler for at least 2 hours, 4 is better.
You can hold it in an oven at 160 for about as long as you like and it just gets more tender the longer it sits.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:54 pm

Thank you, C.D. - - - well, I bought him 20# of Oak Pellets today so at least I made one good decision so far.

'preciate it :tup: :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:16 pm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:21 pm

Paging Papa T
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:26 pm

bsooner75 wrote:1836

:tup: I just happen to have a Jug of that as part of his Christmas this year :salut:
JustinCouch
Outlaw

Postby JustinCouch » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:41 pm

Try to find the post with the bovine nectar instruction. I have done it a couple of times with great results
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:15 am

Thanks, J.C. :tup:
spacetrucker USER_AVATAR
spacetrucker
Chuck Wagon

Postby spacetrucker » Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:42 am

I would encourage him to wait on brisket until he get a knowledge of the cooker.... at todays prices briskets are an expensive endeavor :rose:
go with cheaper cuts to start and do the learning curves on the cheap stuff before he gets into the more pricey meats. A pork butt is almost impossible to foul up and it is cheap, with a pellet cooker it'll make him a star in everyone's opinion on the first cook, chicken is another great starter. We have some folks at work that bought a pit boss and they are in that learning curve, they tried to cook for a group first rattle out of the box wasn't good :whiteflag:
which ever road you pick I am sure you will be there to help him, best of luck to you both :salut:
Don't count every day, Make every day Count
Good Cue to ya..
Vernon

FEC-100
Webber kettle 22"
Webber genesis
Blackstone pizza oven
drewlooker USER_AVATAR
Drewlooker
Pilgrim

Postby Drewlooker » Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:29 am

Start the cooker at a low low temp like 185 for the first 4-5 hours then turn it up to 225, and just follow your normal temps and time from there. In my experience with pellet cookers has been that low temps are right in its wheel house when it comes to big meats. That 185 Temp will help with the color and the bark.
Sports, Beer and Q!
Tall Pines Cookers
Treager Timberline 1300
Treager LiL Tex
Big Green Egg XL
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:04 pm

OK Gang, Bo has had his Pit Boss 820 for several days and has already done a couple of cooks on it. He still has the Briskets to do for Christmas Eve Dinner and I think he'll do just fine. Since it's Christmas Present time and his Birthday is New Years Eve, I loaded him up with stuff to help him with it. Here is his post and comment from his FB Page.
Bo Posted on FB
Well getting ready for a awesome Christmas dinner with some Texas smoked bbq brisket marinated with sweet baby Ray's marinade and topped with some 1836 Suckle Busters bbq rub.
Sure do like my wife's new Christmas present lol.
These pellet grill smokers are awesome.
My Dad bought us a digital thermometer for Christmas that has a unit you can take inside the house that allows you to monitor the pit temperature as well as the meat temperature and you can set an alarm so when meat or pit reaches the desired temperature it will alarm and you can go check meat thanks dad this thing is awesome.
Oh I included a pic of the pork smoke tenderloin I did last night.

Merry Christmas eat and be merry but remember that this holiday is about our Lord and savior JESUS CHRIST.

BoPellet3.jpg

BoPellet4.jpg

BoPellet5.jpg

BoPellet1.jpg

BoPellet2.jpg
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:17 pm

Nice looking groceries; love his Deck
spacetrucker USER_AVATAR
spacetrucker
Chuck Wagon

Postby spacetrucker » Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:23 pm

1836 will make it good!! I would reach out to yawl on facebook but do not know any names and I am careful on there lots of robots on there....
Don't count every day, Make every day Count
Good Cue to ya..
Vernon

FEC-100
Webber kettle 22"
Webber genesis
Blackstone pizza oven

Return to “Pellet Cookers and Smokers”