Second Cook

Traegers, Green Mountain, Smokin Tex and all other Pellet and Wood Chip Smokers

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Second Cook

Postby outlaw » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:54 am

I had it all thawed or I wouldn't be doing it today. Temps are at 39 degrees with no warming today, but at least I will get some idea of cooking in adverse conditions. Didn't take alot of prep pics, but I'm putting on a point and some beef ribs. Rubbed last night with Sooner sauce and it vanished by this morning. Hope that means it soaked in (rather than wifey washing it off). Brisket got a simple dalmatian rub with a light dusting of Big Beefer and the ribs were all Big Beefer.
30 min preheat at 350 then back to 180 to generate some extra smoke (hopefully) for a couple hrs, and then to 275 for the duration.
Attachments
20180210_092224.jpg
20180210_092122.jpg
Bayou Classic Ceramic
PK (Portable Kitchen) Grill
Johnsons Ultimate Compact Patio Smoker
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: Second Cook

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:11 am

Gonna Be Good Grub :tup: :salut: :cheers:

:texas: Texas Weather :dont: :banghead: Go Figger - here we are just 4 hours south and it's 65 and cloudy. My oldest son and his fiance were in Wichita Falls last night and woke up to 24 degrees. They're headed to Red River, N.M. to do some Snow Sliding/Skiing and the low predicted there tonight is 9F :cheers:

No Hi-Jack Intended :roll: :whiteflag:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:13 pm

Gonna be a good one from the opening credits :)
outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Postby outlaw » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:36 pm

First peek, not much bark on the brisket. Bonz coming along nicely though
Attachments
20180210_132841.jpg
Bayou Classic Ceramic
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:03 pm

You got it goin your way so just keep on keepin on - - - is that a water pan or mopping sauce ?or both? :tup: :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Postby outlaw » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:06 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:You got it goin your way so just keep on keepin on - - - is that a water pan or mopping sauce ?or both? :tup: :salut:

Seasoned water pan
Bayou Classic Ceramic
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
williep USER_AVATAR
Williep
Outlaw

Postby Williep » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:12 pm

Nice looking !! :salut: What do you call the thing's that the meat is on in the pit ?? :dont:
outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Postby outlaw » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:19 pm

Williep wrote:Nice looking !! :salut: What do you call the thing's that the meat is on in the pit ?? :dont:

I'm not sure what they are called. I was walking by a table in Lowes and they were there. I use them primarily in the side box of my stick burner for smoked veggies and peppers. They work great to keep the grills clean, and let the smoke go through. Scrub em and toss em in the dishwasher.
Bayou Classic Ceramic
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
williep USER_AVATAR
Williep
Outlaw

Postby Williep » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:29 pm

outlaw wrote:
Williep wrote:Nice looking !! :salut: What do you call the thing's that the meat is on in the pit ?? :dont:

I'm not sure what they are called. I was walking by a table in Lowes and they were there. I use them primarily in the side box of my stick burner for smoked veggies and peppers. They work great to keep the grills clean, and let the smoke go through. Scrub em and toss em in the dishwasher.

I may have to make a run up to Lowes and look around. Looks to me like they would work good to grill fish on. :idea:

outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Postby outlaw » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:14 pm

Williep wrote:
outlaw wrote:

I may have to make a run up to Lowes and look around. Looks to me like they would work good to grill fish on. :idea:

They would. I have used them for that if I didn't have enough cedar planks.

Bayou Classic Ceramic
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:18 pm

I have some grill mats that I'm not too fond of but I like the design of those and the possibilities are endless, as is my wild thinking at the moment - - - think I'll follow WillieP to a different Lowe's :tup:
outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Postby outlaw » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:21 pm

Bones are done, probe tender and IT 205, let em rest and cut into one and see what I see.
Attachments
20180210_150738.jpg
Bayou Classic Ceramic
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:06 pm

Shame you don't know the I.D. for the next Throw Down, Friend, that looks awesome :tup: :salut:
woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:13 pm

First off, those look GREAT Outlaw !

That's alot of meat and not much to throw away at all !

Secondly, get the darts out everyone...

I've Never Ever made beef ribs in any way before, I must admit that !
Things will have to change after seeing this...
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:22 pm

Pocono Pal, don't feel alone - - I've only done them once a couple years ago and they tasted like Roast Beef so I backed off :dont: HOWEVER, I know that it was my fault so, I too may have to try them again with a different tech and rubs :dont:

Return to “Pellet Cookers and Smokers”