is the Cabellas Pellet the same as the Camp Chef Dlx??

Traegers, Green Mountain, Smokin Tex and all other Pellet and Wood Chip Smokers

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

Beltboy
Pilgrim

is the Cabellas Pellet the same as the Camp Chef Dlx??

Postby Beltboy » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:20 pm

http://www.cabelas.com/product/CABELAS- ... lsrc=aw.ds

is this the same pellet smoker as the camp chef deluxe? Looks like, acts like, but not sure is the same Pooper??
papa tom USER_AVATAR
Papa Tom
Deputy

Re: is the Cabellas Pellet the same as the Camp Chef Dlx??

Postby Papa Tom » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:12 pm

If it looks like a duck and it quacks like a duck......... I know Cabelas does not build their own grills, I bought a Cabelas Pit Boss from them and it was in fact a Pit Boss 820 .
tarde venientibus ossa....
tx1911 USER_AVATAR
TX1911
Deputy

Postby TX1911 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:14 pm

I think CC makes them for Cabelas, or, that's what the short amount of research I did leads me to believe.
Custom 24x48 offset trailer pit
Weber Smokefire EX6
Vision B Series kamado
Race Crew Drum
castironchris USER_AVATAR
castironchris
Bandolero

Postby castironchris » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:14 am

I can't speak for the pellet cooker but I know Cabelas cast iron is made by Camp Chef.
Weber 22" with SlownSear
Weber Smokey Mountain 22"
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:25 am

Yo Beltboy - - - here's a pretty good BLOG on this subject, if you care to browse it a little. Appears that they are similar but with different bells and whistles done for the Cabela Badging :dont: :scratch:

http://pelletheads.com/index.php?topic=39722.0
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
CPWOLFDAD
Pilgrim

Postby CPWOLFDAD » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:38 pm

Hey all, this is my first post, but I purchased the Cabela's Magnum Pellet grill this weekend after much research. Thanks for all the tips,

The User Manual that comes with the unit, says Cabela's on the front, but there are sections that discuss "Camp Chef" this or that, so it's obvious they are made by Camp Chef.

Big difference, at Cabela's they told me they provide a Lifetime Warranty on Cabela's brand products, and this is included.

I smoked ribs, 3-2-1 "ish" I kind of went with the flow, and they were incredible. Actually smoked 3 chickens "Beer can" style, even though I don't think it actually helps, I like them standing.

Here in Cedar Park, TX getting ready for High School Football.....and had the 6th grade coaches over to discuss plays, and eat a feast, and they group of guys were stunned at how simple the temp process was, next year at the Spring Game, I'm competing in the Brisket Cookoff!
bobcat1 USER_AVATAR
bobcat1
Outlaw

Postby bobcat1 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:48 pm

CPWOLFDAD wrote:Hey all, this is my first post, but I purchased the Cabela's Magnum Pellet grill this weekend after much research. Thanks for all the tips,

The User Manual that comes with the unit, says Cabela's on the front, but there are sections that discuss "Camp Chef" this or that, so it's obvious they are made by Camp Chef.

Big difference, at Cabela's they told me they provide a Lifetime Warranty on Cabela's brand products, and this is included.

I smoked ribs, 3-2-1 "ish" I kind of went with the flow, and they were incredible. Actually smoked 3 chickens "Beer can" style, even though I don't think it actually helps, I like them standing.

Here in Cedar Park, TX getting ready for High School Football.....and had the 6th grade coaches over to discuss plays, and eat a feast, and they group of guys were stunned at how simple the temp process was, next year at the Spring Game, I'm competing in the Brisket Cookoff!

Except for the windows it looks just like my Camp Chef Lux model. I like the windows which mine does not have. Good choice. I love my Camp Chef.

Return to “Pellet Cookers and Smokers”