Early Christmas gift

Traegers, Green Mountain, Smokin Tex and all other Pellet and Wood Chip Smokers

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

mildbill USER_AVATAR
MildBill
Wrangler

Early Christmas gift

Postby MildBill » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:44 am

I have the most awesome girlfriend in the world. We were walking though Stone Briar mall in Frisco yesterday and we came upon the Treager display in the middle of the store.

They were offering a really good deal and long story short she bought me a new Treager Texas smoker! It will be delivered later this week. I can't wait! :bounce:
Life is not like a box of chocolates... It's more like a jar of jalapenos: What you do today might burn your butt tomorrow!
Raider18
Cowboy

Early Christmas gift

Postby Raider18 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:30 pm

Beyond cool, what was the deal if you don't mind me asking?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
swamp donkeyz bbq USER_AVATAR
Swamp Donkeyz BBQ
Outlaw

Re: Early Christmas gift

Postby Swamp Donkeyz BBQ » Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:32 pm

Congrats! Lucky Dog!
jayzi USER_AVATAR
jayzi
Rustler

Postby jayzi » Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:34 pm

I noticed on their Facebook page they are always offering some kind of deal, however they NEVER say what it is. What deal did you get? If you say "You need to call or go in and they will hook you up" then that would be the SAME response many get from their FB page! :lol:
Weber 22.5", UDS
gator USER_AVATAR
Gator
Sheriff

Postby Gator » Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:46 pm

I have that one, Treager XL - it's a good cooker. You will love the set and forget capability it has.
Gator

"I won't tolerate rude behavior" - Woodrow F Call
mildbill USER_AVATAR
MildBill
Wrangler

Postby MildBill » Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:24 pm

I was in a bit of a shock that she did it but here is what I believe it is

The Texas smoker, the kevlar cover, 5 bags of pellets, a cookbook and 2 sauces and rubs for $999.00 with a $99 rebate. That includes delivery, set up and getting it seasoned.

My girlfriend is a hard sell. (She is in finance) They also threw in the inner shelf and the front shelf to get her to buy it.

I was going to get a Green mountain, mostly because they include the wireless meat probe but I'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth! lol
Life is not like a box of chocolates... It's more like a jar of jalapenos: What you do today might burn your butt tomorrow!
datsbbq USER_AVATAR
DATsBBQ
Deputy

Postby DATsBBQ » Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:29 pm

Marry that girl!
Deputy Dave

“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."-Bruce Lee
spacetrucker USER_AVATAR
spacetrucker
Chuck Wagon

Postby spacetrucker » Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:59 am

your girlfriend definitely has the traits of the "marryin kind"
congrats
Don't count every day, Make every day Count
Good Cue to ya..
Vernon

FEC-100
Webber kettle 22"
Webber genesis
Blackstone pizza oven
mildbill USER_AVATAR
MildBill
Wrangler

Postby MildBill » Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:25 pm

spacetrucker wrote:your girlfriend definitely has the traits of the "marryin kind"
congrats

Thanks. She is the marryin kind. But sadly the Trager wasn't we used it three times and it caught on fire twice!! I am in the process of boxing it up and sending it back. I'm not going to have something in the house that catches fire. If it were a stick burner I would understand it but something that is supposed to be "safe" and "Idiot proof". :angryfire:

I tried to contact the guy at the mall that sold it to me. He never returned my calls. I felt like I bought a used car. :angry5:

I think in the spring we are going to look into a Green mountain or another brand of pellet smoker.

I'm really disappointed
gator USER_AVATAR
Gator
Sheriff

Postby Gator » Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:54 pm

Does it have the drip pan in it? Where exactly is it catching fire?
Gator

"I won't tolerate rude behavior" - Woodrow F Call
Raider18
Cowboy

Postby Raider18 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:27 pm

Man I came to see how you were liking it. I hate to see that you are disappointed. I love the idea of the big tex just wish the reviews were more stable one direction. Seem to be 50/50.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
spacetrucker USER_AVATAR
spacetrucker
Chuck Wagon

Postby spacetrucker » Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:50 pm

easy there...
I have an older version, and never, never a problem, do you have the three position thermostat or the graduated one?
is the drip pan in? from one end to the other? is the shroud over the fire pit? These are typically good cookers..
Let us know and we will try to help, please tell us how and where the fire is happening?
Good Cue to ya..
Vernon

FEC-100
Webber kettle 22"
Webber genesis
Blackstone pizza oven
mildbill USER_AVATAR
MildBill
Wrangler

Postby MildBill » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:38 pm

spacetrucker wrote:easy there...
I have an older version, and never, never a problem, do you have the three position thermostat or the graduated one?
is the drip pan in? from one end to the other? is the shroud over the fire pit? These are typically good cookers..
Let us know and we will try to help, please tell us how and where the fire is happening?

I know y'all are trying to help :D Thank you :)

The drip pan was in. It goes from one end to the other. The Treager guy set it up so I'm guessing he did it right. I did everything according to the book. It was a graduated one.

It is being picked up and boxed tomorrow and going back to where it came. I have to spend $40 to have it boxed and shipped.
spacetrucker USER_AVATAR
spacetrucker
Chuck Wagon

Postby spacetrucker » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:59 am

there is or at least used to be a shroud that is U shaped and goes on both sides and over the fire pot, is/ was that there?
sorry you had a bad experience, is he sending you a new one? They really are great cookers, my side picture is of my other pellet chomper. Really love em both, the fast eddie cost lots more than the traeger but is very "fuel efficient". :dont:
Good Cue to ya..
Vernon

FEC-100
Webber kettle 22"
Webber genesis
Blackstone pizza oven
jayzi USER_AVATAR
jayzi
Rustler

Postby jayzi » Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:14 pm

MildBill wrote:
spacetrucker wrote:your girlfriend definitely has the traits of the "marryin kind"
congrats

Thanks. She is the marryin kind. But sadly the Trager wasn't we used it three times and it caught on fire twice!! I am in the process of boxing it up and sending it back. I'm not going to have something in the house that catches fire. If it were a stick burner I would understand it but something that is supposed to be "safe" and "Idiot proof". :angryfire:

I tried to contact the guy at the mall that sold it to me. He never returned my calls. I felt like I bought a used car. :angry5:

I think in the spring we are going to look into a Green mountain or another brand of pellet smoker.

I'm really disappointed

That guy has a Facebook page and he posts "DEALS" all the time but won't tell you the deal. You have to "COME IN"... Used car sales tactics for sure. Sorry you had that happen, build or buy yourself a UDS and get to cooking!

JZ
Weber 22.5", UDS

Return to “Pellet Cookers and Smokers”