The Bubba Keg Smoker

Any type of flower pots post here

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

datsbbq USER_AVATAR
DATsBBQ
Deputy

The Bubba Keg Smoker

Postby DATsBBQ » Sat May 02, 2009 11:21 am

In keeping everyone on the cutting edge of Q evolution thought I'd pass this one along.

Greg Rempe posted a review on his site about the new Bubba Keg.
Link to the Bubba Keg Cooker = http://www.bubbakeg.com/ .
Link to the review (other BBQ Forums) = VORBOTON :shock: (You can find it easy enough :wink: )
It's a steel version of a ceramic :shock: , but the price point is only about $600, soon to be at home depot near you. If anyone buys one of these, please share your thoughts on it.

FWIW, Greg recommends this product although thier website is cheezy at best.
Deputy Dave

“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."-Bruce Lee
osd USER_AVATAR
OSD
Retired Lawman

Re: The Bubba Keg Smoker

Postby OSD » Sat May 02, 2009 11:35 am

I saw one at the Home Depot last week, but it was priced at $799.00. Looked good, just a bit high priced.
Jim
datsbbq USER_AVATAR
DATsBBQ
Deputy

Postby DATsBBQ » Sat May 02, 2009 12:38 pm

Greg mentioned that MSRP was 8 bills but a price reduction was in the works. I like quick detachable steel cart / trailer hitch feature. The top damper is a better design than Einstein or Roma but the bottem vent appears to be rivited which will cause cleaning problems should a bubba put too many butts in it and the grease piles up faster than the lump can burn it. Not too keen on the cast iron cooking grate. The handles are also a great idea as the shape of the eggsters make it difficult to lift even with a bubba hanging around to help.

If I could get one without the word "Bubba" on it, I'd seriously consider getting one.
Deputy Dave

“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."-Bruce Lee
jamesb USER_AVATAR
JamesB
Retired Lawman

Postby JamesB » Sat May 02, 2009 1:23 pm

Good review, but I'm gonna need to lay hands on one in person... I can't see spending that kinda $$ right now on anything.

Return to “Big Green Egg & other ceramic cookers”