Rate the joints and share your experiences, pictures encouraged

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

bogiedr USER_AVATAR
bogiedr
Cowboy

Texas de Brazil

Postby bogiedr » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:03 pm

Today is my 61st birthdate, against all odds I made this far .. :cheers:

My wife and her family took me to Texas de Brazil for my 61st birthday dinner. Flank steak was awesome, the Brazilian sausage was out of bounds, the Fillet Mignon was tough, bacon wrapped chicken was good, bacon wrapped fillet mignon was tough, (see a pattern here?), sirloin was way undercooked, but Brazilian cheesecake made up for some of the deficiencies. Overall a nice evening out, but it does not beat my Q :chef: :cheers: Imagine that!!!!! Especially after what I have learned from some great pit masters here!!! :texas:
Hit them straight
BogieDr

Kamado Joe Classic
Weber Little Joe
Weber 22.5 Performer
Weber Genesis II LX S-440
Green Mountain Daniel Boone prime
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: Texas de Brazil

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:12 am

Happy Belated, Whipper Snapper :hb: :wav:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
pinoypitmaster USER_AVATAR
PinoyPitmaster
Cowboy

Postby PinoyPitmaster » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:36 am

HBD!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
twoguysbbq USER_AVATAR
TwoGuysBBQ
Outlaw

Postby TwoGuysBBQ » Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:59 am

Happy Belated Sir :salut: :wav:
bogiedr USER_AVATAR
bogiedr
Cowboy

Postby bogiedr » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:53 pm

Thank you!!!!! Been traveling a bit and not keeping up with the forum. Wife traveled to Phoenix, (love that place, great DDD joints to visit. Have tried 5 and all have been awesome). Then after a week break, time for Salt Lake City, Utah! There I found three great DDD joints, none disappointed! Park City was out of bounds. Home for a week, then Houston. Brother lives there as do niece, nephew, grand nieces and nephew ... a great time was had by all! No grilling, brother is not a grilling "type of guy" ... setting them up for a Kettle so next spring I can go crazy! I did make them my indoor cooking Nola red beans and sausage with rice ... a hit!!

Cooked for 10 people, there were 8 plus 3 little ones, (4 and younger), the kids devoured the stuff and an adult even got a triple serving!! A hit obviously, everyone fed, everyone happy!

So back in Tampa. My sister is spending two days with us. Going to make her favorite ... Chef Raemon's , (that's whet the siblings call me), smoked St. Louis ribs. Kamado Joe Classic, 250 for 3 hours, wrap and sauce for another hour, unwrap, sauce again and let sit in smoker for 20 minutes ... awesome. Pictures to follow!!!

By the way, wife works for a great company, they encourage her to take me on the road. They are aware that I am disabled, so they tell her that if I can travel, they pay, "take him!! So when I feel ok to travel I go! She works, I play, not a bad deal.

TMI ... will report with the ribs next two days!!
Hit them straight
BogieDr

Kamado Joe Classic
Weber Little Joe
Weber 22.5 Performer
Weber Genesis II LX S-440
Green Mountain Daniel Boone prime
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:09 am

THAT SIR, is Great News and Updates - - - wishing you the Best in your Journeys and Ventures :tup: :salut: :cheers: :chef: :texas:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
LeeGrahm
Pilgrim

Postby LeeGrahm » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:01 am

How was the travel?
norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:26 pm

Happy birthday.

I noticed you've just been to Salt Lake city, Utah and found a few decent DDD joints.

Would you mind sharing the name of these? We are going there in the middle of July.

Sent fra min SM-N950F via Tapatalk
Instagram: Norway_joe1
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:38 pm

Postby bogiedr » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:53 pm
Thank you!!!!! Been traveling a bit and not keeping up with the forum. Wife traveled to Phoenix, (love that place, great DDD joints to visit. Have tried 5 and all have been awesome). Then after a week break, time for Salt Lake City, Utah! There I found three great DDD joints, none disappointed! Park City was out of bounds.
norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:53 pm

Oops. Didn't see the date.

Sent fra min SM-N950F via Tapatalk
Instagram: Norway_joe1
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:12 pm

Joernolav wrote:Oops. Didn't see the date.

Try sending him a PM in case he drops by the Forum and maybe you can get your information anyhow :dont:

Return to “BBQ Joints - Reviews & Discussion”