New Ceramic Grill

Any type of flower pots post here

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

k.a.m. USER_AVATAR
k.a.m.
Chuck Wagon

Re: New Ceramic Grill

Postby k.a.m. » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:54 am

The difference in those three pics are mine are real and yours appears to be a nice simulation of what you think we should eat. I have read this whole thread and just about every response from you seems to be telling the world we have been doing it all wrong and you have the answer. Wake up, your sales pitch is about as old as it gets and sounds more like a QVC commercial. keep the pics that was truly an exceptional steak.
I am done here, good luck with your venture. :D

All the best,
Kevin
Always remember slow and steady wins the race.

My Hybrid cooker.
Competition trailer #2.
txsmkmstr USER_AVATAR
txsmkmstr
Bandolero

Postby txsmkmstr » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:41 am

Tampa Griller wrote:And finally my Ad ... of course I would probably have to use a fictitious name for the steakhouse.

I would suggest you do a little proof-reading...

Good luck with your endeavor.
Custom LSG 24x40 - 36" Blackstone - (others - R & O FatGirl, ETSC RK-250, Tejas 1628 - all sold)
soezzy USER_AVATAR
SoEzzy
Wrangler

Postby SoEzzy » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:12 pm

Well if you are not trying to sell your automobile to the aircraft crowd, what makes you think that a high heat grill (only good for grilling steaks), will sell well to a group of people that cook more often between 200 and 500°?

If I want to go to the shops, I get in the car or on a motorbike, I don't get in an SR71, though the SR71 is a wonderful plane capable of Mach 3 it's a pain in the tail to travel 3 miles to the store... and parking it's a dog too!

What other things can your $1500 grill cook, how is it with a brisket or a pork butt?

Do you get a good smoke flavor?

I really want one of your grills so I can take it on the competition circuit... wood or charcoal powered, and can cook a brisket perfectly in an hour or so without turning it into a hockey puck!

You might of course get a better response from a group of high heat grilling freaks, instead of BBQ forum.

As for you taking the piss out of another's pit that actually works, with real pictures of a meal that came off it, you might think twice, until you show the video, (or stills), of a meal that you produced off of yours!

I'm glad to have had a chance to read this and your attitude now!

Even if you had not stated in your opening post that you are a retired engineer, I think I'd have still been able to tell!

Congratulations with your grill, it will be a marvelous addition to the ranks of the ceramic cookers, good luck with it all!

When you go for product testing, please make sure you only have it tested by those who are looking to grill a steak or pizza perfectly, and that have a scientific or engineering background! Ordinary or extraordinary cooks need not apply! :deadhorse:
soezzy USER_AVATAR
SoEzzy
Wrangler

Postby SoEzzy » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:15 pm

p.s. I understand there is an engineer in China, that says he will be producing a wood and charcoal fired "sous vide" machine that cooks the perfect piece of meat in 3 days or less! Anyone seen him around here?
Tampa Griller
Pilgrim

Postby Tampa Griller » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:40 pm

Trash cans vs flower pots gotta luv em both. The main thing is to keep improving in our own worlds and have fun while doing it.

The truth is, the New York city boy might look at that top pictured steak, use his fork to slice off a piece, relish the intense good flavor and let it slither down his throat ... where the cowboy might grab that steak in the bottom of the photo with his hands bite off a piece, chew it a little and swallow it. Everyone has their own preferences, habits, likes and dislikes ... no-one is right and no-one is wrong. :D 8)
Last edited by Tampa Griller on Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:52 pm

Tampa Griller wrote:Trash cans vs flower pots gotta luv em both. The main thing is to keep improving in our own worlds and have fun while doing it.

The truth is, the New York city boy might look at that top steak, use his fork to slice off a piece and let it slither down his throat ... where the cowboy might grab that steak in the bottom of the photo with his hands bite off a piece, chew it a little and swallow it. Everyone has their own preferences, habits, likes and dislikes ... no-one is right and no-one is wrong. :D 8)

I don't think you are qualified to talk about cowboys but that is an assumption. Careful, this is a Texas domiciled board.
swamp donkeyz bbq USER_AVATAR
Swamp Donkeyz BBQ
Outlaw

Postby Swamp Donkeyz BBQ » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:47 pm

I think it's about time to just leave this post to lay.
limey USER_AVATAR
limey
Deputy

Postby limey » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:56 pm

k.a.m. wrote:Tampa Griller, in my opinion there is no better steak than cooked over Mesquite coals. I do not need a 1500.00 ceramic grill for this. You seem to be telling us what you think is is best for us when you are overlooking what we like. Personally I have eaten steaks in some of the best high end restaurants in Louisiana and Texas, so far none compare to Mesquite coals in my backyard.
400.00 fire pit 20.00 swinger mod.

Dang fine meal KAM, love the fire pit as well. I also enjoy my steak cooked this way as well. :thap:

Good luck Tampa Griller, maybe you will sell a few to the jetset crowd.
How bout some more beans Mr.Taggert? I'd say you've had enough!
R & O Custom Trailer
Weber 22.5 Gold
Weber 22.5 Smoky Mountain
Oklahoma Joe Longhorn Edition
Limey BBQ Co. Competition Team
Tampa Griller
Pilgrim

Postby Tampa Griller » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:03 pm

And then:
Last edited by Tampa Griller on Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
fr8 train USER_AVATAR
FR8 Train
Bandolero

Postby FR8 Train » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:20 pm

I think I'll take the real steak that you can actually eat over some fake, airbrushed, made for photo prop...but hey to each his own.
"Sic 'em Bears"
limey USER_AVATAR
limey
Deputy

Postby limey » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:22 pm

I'll take the Thunderbird over 3 TampaGrills any day, Good luck to you because you will need it with your pompous attitude.
How bout some more beans Mr.Taggert? I'd say you've had enough!
R & O Custom Trailer
Weber 22.5 Gold
Weber 22.5 Smoky Mountain
Oklahoma Joe Longhorn Edition
Limey BBQ Co. Competition Team
bludawg USER_AVATAR
BluDawg
Chuck Wagon

Postby BluDawg » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:35 pm

:banghead: OK Ya bother me son, don't go away mad Boy, just go away!!! Far, Far, away!!! :deadhorse:
Never met a cow I didn't like with a little salt and pepper.
My Blog: Http://acountryboyeats.blogspot.com
Old Country Over/Under
Webber 22" Performer
ECB
boots USER_AVATAR
Boots
Wordsmith

Postby Boots » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:36 pm

Tampa, I been silent on this for along time. But you have finally committed THE cardinal sin of Texas: Bad manners.
Last edited by Boots on Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
BE WELL, BUT NOT DONE
Hank: "Do you know how to jumpstart a man's heart with a downed power line?"
Bobby: "No."
Hank: "Well, there's really no wrong way to do it."
dub'
Cowboy

Postby dub' » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:15 pm

Why invite more contradictory,misspelled,bad-grammered
gobbledyook from what amounts to a hit-n-run spammer?
"Send it back Charlie" indeed. Special Loogie Marinade,anyone?
Anybody that frickin' picky about the looks of a cooked steak needs to
go Full Blown Raw Vegan instead of Attempted Stove Designer.

dub(BTW mesquite beans are tasty when cooked right)
3 star redneck USER_AVATAR
3 star redneck
Chuck Wagon

Postby 3 star redneck » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:23 pm

Good luck on your business venture. :mrgreen: .....But personally for me....I will continue to cook my steaks on my $89 weber kettle, on a $64 set of the worlds best grill grates.....and all my steaks = Priceless.... :laughing7:
R&O Custom Offset....It rocks!!!!
http://www.redneckcooker.com

Hook Em' Horns

Return to “Big Green Egg & other ceramic cookers”