Picking up my new grill/smoker,from Lowes today

Any type of flower pots post here

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

Delaware Smoker
Bandolero

Picking up my new grill/smoker,from Lowes today

Postby Delaware Smoker » Fri May 25, 2012 7:38 am

After spending most of last week & part of this week,reading about the Kamado type grills,I went with buying a Akorn by Char Griller.I did like the BSK,but didn't want to shell out the money for it.There is a forum like this one,mainly Kamado users,that talk highly of this grill/.smoker.In order to use it has a smoker,you need to buy a smoking stone,directly from Char Griller.I did order one,should be here next week.From what I read,you really have to learn how to monitor the temps.,on these things.But for $299,I'm sure I'll like it.Now what do I do with my Char Griller Smoker? :dont: Oh well,you can never have enough smokers. :)
Bill
datsbbq USER_AVATAR
DATsBBQ
Deputy

Re: Picking up my new grill/smoker,from Lowes today

Postby DATsBBQ » Fri May 25, 2012 8:09 am

Delaware Smoker wrote:After spending most of last week & part of this week,reading about the Kamado type grills,I went with buying a Akorn by Char Griller.I did like the BSK,but didn't want to shell out the money for it.There is a forum like this one,mainly Kamado users,that talk highly of this grill/.smoker.In order to use it has a smoker,you need to buy a smoking stone,directly from Char Griller.I did order one,should be here next week.From what I read,you really have to learn how to monitor the temps.,on these things.But for $299,I'm sure I'll like it.Now what do I do with my Char Griller Smoker? :dont: Oh well,you can never have enough smokers. :)
Bill

That's like a BGE Placesetter for indirect heat. I've never used one for smoking and have gotten buy just fine (Primo doesn't make one for the round kamado,only the oval). Is the thermometer the kind you can calibrate?
Deputy Dave

“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."-Bruce Lee

Return to “Big Green Egg & other ceramic cookers”