BGEs on Cedar Park Craigslist

Any type of flower pots post here

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

egghead USER_AVATAR
egghead
Egg Master

BGEs on Cedar Park Craigslist

Postby egghead » Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:43 am

If you are near Cedar Park and in the market for a BGE you may want to check this out

http://austin.craigslist.org/for/2863779668.html

I haven't bought an Egg in several years so don't keep up with the prices but I'm told these are good prices

Used once in a competition and being sold with lifetime warranty - Geaux get you one

Some people like the nest, but if you are handy you can buy the Egg without the nest and build a table. If you decide to build a table make sure you put the egg on at least a 2" paver so you don't burn your table up or worse.

Here is my setup
Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself - Mark Twain
XL, Small, and Mini BGE
datsbbq USER_AVATAR
DATsBBQ
Deputy

Re: BGEs on Cedar Park Craigslist

Postby DATsBBQ » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:09 am

That's a little more than $100 discount off the street price, not bad for being used "only time" with full warranty. Smell first -make sure the team they sponsored didn't use lighter fluid in them. :roll:
Deputy Dave

“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."-Bruce Lee
egghead USER_AVATAR
egghead
Egg Master

Postby egghead » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:19 am

DATsBBQ wrote:That's a little more than $100 discount off the street price, not bad for being used "only time" with full warranty. Smell first -make sure the team they sponsored didn't use lighter fluid in them. :roll:

Dave is correct. Anyone who puts lighter fluid in a flower pot should be arrested and flogged :violent:

Actually I wouldn't use lighter fluid regardless of the pit - there are too many better ways to light your fire including:

Chimney
Drizzling some oil on a few paper towels and lighting them
Starter cubes
Electric Starter
Weed burner - my preference
Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself - Mark Twain
XL, Small, and Mini BGE
TX777
Pilgrim

Postby TX777 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:31 pm

If these are the Eggs being sold by a particular hardware store in the area then they are likely the ones provided to our team for our cook-offs in Austin. We do only use them for one cook-off and we absolutely don't use lighter fluid in them. They are predominately large eggs, with the occasional XL. New ones delivered for each event. Just thought I'd chime in and confirm. They are a great deal for someone looking for an Egg.

Return to “Big Green Egg & other ceramic cookers”