Any Central Texas Eggheads?

Any type of flower pots post here

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

3 star redneck USER_AVATAR
3 star redneck
Chuck Wagon

Re: Any Central Texas Eggheads?

Postby 3 star redneck » Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:13 pm

TXCajun wrote:Thanks Bro. The gasser will go on the curb for someone else to find. The wife wants me to do the same with the smoker, but I spent $300 on the thing and did the hard work giving it a good seasoning.

tell ya what, you bring it to Glen rose, give me $100 and i'll take it off your hands...sound good? :lol: :lol: :roll:
R&O Custom Offset....It rocks!!!!
http://www.redneckcooker.com

Hook Em' Horns
roaniecowpony
Cowboy

Postby roaniecowpony » Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:05 pm

Didn't take long for you to make the choice. Good deal. I don't have a ceramic grill/smoker, but I do have a Bubba Keg, a 20x36 offset and a gas grill. So, I know all about decision making on bbq's and grills. Nice start for your collection. :thap:
[i][b][color=#0000BF]Chuck[/color][/b][/i]
RecTec RT-700 Platinum Pkg
Bubba Keg grill/smoker
Capt-n-Cook 600" gasser grill
26" Weber Kettle
TXCajun
Wrangler

Postby TXCajun » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:13 am

Well, the Primo Oval XL was delivered yesterday complete with cypress table, firebox divider, extended rack, grill pliers, ash scraper, and cover. I lit a small fire last night, got it up to 200F and locked it in. Stayed around 200F while I was putting a coat of Minwax Helmsman urethane on the cypress parts. Me likey!

1st official cooking will be this weekend. Simple stuff - just chicken for now(doing the HCG diet). This should be fun stuff.

The gas grill and old smoker were placed on the curb and within two days were both gone. Oddly, let left behind three large chunks chunks of barkless aged oak. Their loss! :)
dman
Pilgrim

Postby dman » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:31 pm

hmmmm, i sell the Big Green Egg to alot of outdoor kitchen builders in my area, just not sure if im allowed to sell anyone on here. Im new on here, mainly wanting to scour the recipes out here.. I cook alot on the BGE, so if any questions please feel free to ask... I could do some special pricing for forum members, but i would need to hear from a Mod. if its ok or not, and also would have to see what my rep says.
harvestmoon USER_AVATAR
HarvestMoon
Outlaw

Postby HarvestMoon » Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:50 am

dman wrote:hmmmm, i sell the Big Green Egg to alot of outdoor kitchen builders in my area, just not sure if im allowed to sell anyone on here. Im new on here, mainly wanting to scour the recipes out here.. I cook alot on the BGE, so if any questions please feel free to ask... I could do some special pricing for forum members, but i would need to hear from a Mod. if its ok or not, and also would have to see what my rep says.

You become one the the site's sponsors. I believe it's $10/month for at least 3 or 6 months. PM Gator if you are interested and want to get the facts right. :chef:
Modified Landmann Black Dog 42 Grill & Smoker
Weber 22.5" One-Touch Gold & 18.5" WSM
Char-Broil Masterflame 7000
Weber Go-Anywhere Charcoal Grill
Rehab is for Quitters
dman
Pilgrim

Postby dman » Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:46 am

HarvestMoon wrote:
dman wrote:hmmmm, i sell the Big Green Egg to alot of outdoor kitchen builders in my area, just not sure if im allowed to sell anyone on here. Im new on here, mainly wanting to scour the recipes out here.. I cook alot on the BGE, so if any questions please feel free to ask... I could do some special pricing for forum members, but i would need to hear from a Mod. if its ok or not, and also would have to see what my rep says.

You become one the the site's sponsors. I believe it's $10/month for at least 3 or 6 months. PM Gator if you are interested and want to get the facts right. :chef:

sounds good... ok for dumb question from a Newbie, how do i PM the Gator, lol... i can look around for a post from him i guess best way... thanks for the heads up.
datsbbq USER_AVATAR
DATsBBQ
Deputy

Postby DATsBBQ » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:29 am

If you have a special deal for forum members, you can post a free ad in the General Store.
If you are selling a used pit (personal pit), you can post a free ad in Horse Trading.
Do not cross post ads between the General Store and Horse Trading.
Does BGE prohibit advertising prices or selling online? Seems that's the story from Fred's Music.

I have it on good authority that were good on Sponsors through the end of the Year.
Deputy Dave

“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."-Bruce Lee
egghead USER_AVATAR
egghead
Egg Master

Postby egghead » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:05 am

DATsBBQ wrote:Does BGE prohibit advertising prices or selling online? Seems that's the story from Fred's Music.

No problem advertising prices on BGE but better to go by the dealership and pick it up.

Can also buy online but If you buy online there is no life time warranty.
Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself - Mark Twain
XL, Small, and Mini BGE
dman
Pilgrim

Postby dman » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:21 am

egghead wrote:
DATsBBQ wrote:Does BGE prohibit advertising prices or selling online? Seems that's the story from Fred's Music.

No problem advertising prices on BGE but better to go by the dealership and pick it up.

Can also buy online but If you buy online there is no life time warranty.

I would have to limit local... All other grills I can ship.. Being new here, I would want owners ok before posting up, I have no problem being a sponsor, if I can help site I will.. Grills I would do like 5-10% over cost or something..
harvestmoon USER_AVATAR
HarvestMoon
Outlaw

Postby HarvestMoon » Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:24 pm

dman wrote:
sounds good... ok for dumb question from a Newbie, how do i PM the Gator, lol... i can look around for a post from him i guess best way... thanks for the heads up.

At the top of the screen, just below the Logo on the left, there's place that says "new messages". Click on it. It will send you to a new screen where on the left, you'll see an "Options" box, click on "Compose message" and this will send you to the screen to send a PM or "Private Message".
Modified Landmann Black Dog 42 Grill & Smoker
Weber 22.5" One-Touch Gold & 18.5" WSM
Char-Broil Masterflame 7000
Weber Go-Anywhere Charcoal Grill
Rehab is for Quitters
datsbbq USER_AVATAR
DATsBBQ
Deputy

Postby DATsBBQ » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:47 pm

Back on topic, congrats on the Primo. But I have a little bias. :wink:
Deputy Dave

“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."-Bruce Lee

Return to “Big Green Egg & other ceramic cookers”