BGE Dealer

Any type of flower pots post here

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

cokeguy101 USER_AVATAR
cokeguy101
Bandolero

BGE Dealer

Postby cokeguy101 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:00 pm

Seems like some one on here or some one I met at a cook off sells the BGE's. I have a guy looking for a medium or small one and I was trying help him with maybe a demo or small discount. Is there anyone here that can help me help him?
High On Smoke BBQ
Family+Friends+Cooking = Good Times

R&O Fat Girl
Smokemaster off set with vertical
Large Big Green Egg
2 Hasty Bakes
EL SLINKSTER
Wrangler

Re: BGE Dealer

Postby EL SLINKSTER » Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:04 pm

Yeah I keep hearing good things about these "eggs" and have been looking for dealer in my area. Let me know what you find out!

Thanks
Raising heck one brisket at a time...
2rowdy USER_AVATAR
2rowdy
Rustler

Postby 2rowdy » Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:59 pm

The Outdoor chef in Lubbock is a dealer.
http://www.outdoorchefgrills.com/
egghead USER_AVATAR
egghead
Egg Master

Postby egghead » Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:44 pm

If you go to biggreenegg.com and put your zip code in it will give you a list of dealers in your area. You can specify 25, 50, 100, and 250 radius. If there are a few in your area, I would check them all out - I'm told the prices can flucuate between dealers.

I have three - XL, Small, and Mini

The large is the most popular
Small is good for empty nesters like my bride and I
Small can smoke one butt, a flat (not a packer) or two racks of BBs
XL is for bigger cooks - three packers, six butts, 12 racks of BBs (I know that is not big for some of you guys :) )

Can't say what the medium would hold - never been around one
All sizes good for grillin - just depends on how many burgers, etc. you want to do at one time

They come up on craigslist from time to time but they are sold almost immediately if they are in good shape.

Good luck with Egg hunting - if you don't find a big difference in prices between dealers, I would go with the dealer that looks like they use one or know what they are selling. I have been in a few Egg dealerships that didn't know what they had or how it worked. The warranty service or guidance might not be too good from them. If your friend gets one they can get a lot of information on the Egghead forum.

Compare prices on Primos while you are shopping - never cooked one but the ones I have seen in shops look like good quality ceramic cookers. I have looked at some other ceramic brands and would personally avoid them.
Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself - Mark Twain
XL, Small, and Mini BGE
Rooster
Cowboy

Postby Rooster » Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:22 pm

Academy in mesquite had a few of them the other day for sale
datsbbq USER_AVATAR
DATsBBQ
Deputy

Postby DATsBBQ » Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:58 pm

When I got my Primo the sales guy told me that Primo was started by a disgruntled BGE exec. I can't verify that but I can tell you I'm happy with my Primo. Its 28# heavier than the same size egg.

My Q bud in town has a BGE. I like the top vent set up and the clam shell mechanism that the BGE has better than what Einstein came with.

The eggs have more accessories, but egg accessories work in a Primo.

I like the fire box of the Primo's better than the BGE, just a little beefier.

When I got Einstein the Primo was in stock but the egg needed to ordered. Price was nearly the same so I went for the instant gratification. And the salesman tossed in an extra firebox. Could have easily went the other way.
Deputy Dave

“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."-Bruce Lee
tex_toby USER_AVATAR
tex_toby
Deputy

Postby tex_toby » Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:39 am

Our local Academy has recently started selling them as well.
20" x 40" Party Gator Pit
Custom Mobile Stick Burner
Summerset TRL 32" Built-In Grill
Weber Q2200
48" Custom Firepit
Bertello Pizza Oven

I can't always please everybody. I'm not bacon.
cjate USER_AVATAR
CJATE
Cowboy

Postby CJATE » Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:08 pm

i think academy is selling the bubba keg, or an egg knock off.

I'd get the keg if I could do it again. I love the egg, but want to take it with me lots of places,,, keg is set up better for that, and the keg comes with everything you need,,, it was all extra with the egg.

I looked for a used egg for 2 years, never found one that was not cracked or going for close to retail, so I just bought one. I use it 3 or 4 times a week, tossed my gas grill to the curb 10 days after I go the egg.
if your look'n... you aint cook'n

http://www.meatinthemiddle.com
Rooster
Cowboy

Postby Rooster » Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:34 pm

The Academy in Mesquite had one that looked like a BGE and said it was a BGE... just sayin!

Return to “Big Green Egg & other ceramic cookers”