langs bbq smokers

Postby zekester » Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:11 pm

hey there any body have or seen one ?? zeke
k.a.m. USER_AVATAR
k.a.m.
Chuck Wagon

Re: langs bbq smokers

Postby k.a.m. » Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:25 pm

They have been around for a while. I am not real keen on their QC but others are.
If I could not build my own and wanted a reverse flow it would be from Paul and Tyler Shirley of Shirley Fabrication out of Tuscolussa Alabama.
Always remember slow and steady wins the race.

My Hybrid cooker.
Competition trailer #2.
okie sawbones USER_AVATAR
Okie Sawbones
Outlaw

Postby Okie Sawbones » Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:36 pm

Had a BBQ friend on the comp circuit in WA/OR who has one. She loves it. I do not know of their QC, but I have read on other forums that the welding was sloppy. I defer to k.a.m. who has much more knowledge in this area than I do.
KCBS - CBJ
PNWBA - CBJ
Jambo Clone, Primo Oval XL, Blaz'n Grills Pellet Stove, Weber 22.5", Lynx SS Grill, The Big Easy
VFW - Life, DAV - Life
finatic USER_AVATAR
Finatic
Bandolero

Postby Finatic » Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:18 am

I've watched a bunch of videos on Shirley's Fabrication and their reverse flow smokers. I agree with k.a.m.- if I was wanting to buy a reverse flow I wouldn't consider another manufacture. You won't find better welding and (more importantly) a better smoker design than what Shirley's Fabrication builds.
Bockbock
Cowboy

Postby Bockbock » Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:25 am

I have a 36" Lang Patio Pit. It works great for me. The welding is not perfect like people have said in their posts. It cooks great. I would buy one again if given the opportunity. If I could weld, I would buy my own. I haven't been able to convince KAM to build me one. Ha Ha.
Bockbock
Dillo Q
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:35 am

I've seen a Lang and Shirley both up close. Shirley is second to none in build quality. I have also talked to several Lang owners that love their pits. Reach out to the manufacturer and ask for references in your area. They will find you somebody to show you their pit. BBQ guys love showing off their pits:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dummy que
Pilgrim

Postby dummy que » Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:11 am

i halve a LANG60 org. the fabcation is of as good of quality as any comparable pit the welds on my pit are of very high quality i am a retired UNION IRONWORKER and at the time of my retirement had ODOT bridge ,6gstuctual pipe wire ,stainless stick and wire papers halve been welding since 1978 LANG makes grate pits for a reasonable price the one thing shirley has over LANG is they offer a ins. firebox they are both fine pits imho you can`t go wrong with a LANG as far as making a pit it`s cheaper to buy a LANG
LANG 60,BUD,AND A WHOLE PILE OF WORNOUT CHARGRILLER HORZ life is good sharp knifes,fire,and meat .
bram03 USER_AVATAR
BRam03
Pilgrim

Postby BRam03 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:19 pm

k.a.m. wrote:They have been around for a while. I am not real keen on their QC but others are.
If I could not build my own and wanted a reverse flow it would be from Paul and Tyler Shirley of Shirley Fabrication out of Tuscolussa Alabama.

Just ordered my Shirley. Picked them over the Lang... yes their build quality really is second to none, but their build time is a year out...
I live my life by a simple creed... Chili has no beans.
k.a.m. USER_AVATAR
k.a.m.
Chuck Wagon

Postby k.a.m. » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:36 pm

BRam03 wrote:
k.a.m. wrote:They have been around for a while. I am not real keen on their QC but others are.

Just ordered my Shirley. Picked them over the Lang... yes their build quality really is second to none, but their build time is a year out...

Yep I believe Paul is taking orders for October 2017 right now.
They ain't slow that is just how many cookers they have on order.
Always remember slow and steady wins the race.

My Hybrid cooker.
Competition trailer #2.

Return to “BBQ Pits - Offset and Vertical Smokers”