Oklahoma Joe's Highland

Any type of purchased BBQ Pit.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

tejano0369 USER_AVATAR
Tejano0369
Rustler

Re: Oklahoma Joe's Highland

Postby Tejano0369 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:57 am

Txdragon wrote:How's the Highland treating ya?

Outstanding. She's all sealed up, holds temp real good. She provided a real nice feast at the homecoming game; brisket, 3 :pig: baby backs, 3 chickens, 2 turkey breasts. These folk up here in Ohio didn't know rather to eat or offer me money to open a restaurant.

Haven't put much on the grill this month, been a busy month. But looking forward to Thanksgiving.
"My Body's Here, But My Soul's In San Antone"
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:14 pm

Tejano0369 wrote:you can see some of the smoke leakage on the fire box door. there was also a little bit of leakage around the main door.

I see the "smoke", HOWEVER, the only Bark I see is laying outside the Cooker guarding it :laughing7: :D :lol: :dont:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Postby Txdragon » Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:06 pm

Tejano0369 wrote:
Txdragon wrote:How's the Highland treating ya?

Outstanding. She's all sealed up, holds temp real good. She provided a real nice feast at the homecoming game; brisket, 3 :pig: baby backs, 3 chickens, 2 turkey breasts. These folk up here in Ohio didn't know rather to eat or offer me money to open a restaurant.

Haven't put much on the grill this month, been a busy month. But looking forward to Thanksgiving.

Woohoo!! That's what I like to hear! I did pretty well sealing up all but the doors when I took the welder to mine. I am getting a fireplace gasket kit soon from Lowe's.
I am also in the process of building my own temp controller, I will have my writeup on that in a week or so :cheers: I am only waiting on approval from my finance department (the wife) to release the funds to me for the brain of the unit. I requested authorization over a week ago, paperwork sure is going slow!! :laughing7: :laughing7:
(Insert witty signature here)
tejano0369 USER_AVATAR
Tejano0369
Rustler

Postby Tejano0369 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:34 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:
Tejano0369 wrote:you can see some of the smoke leakage on the fire box door. there was also a little bit of leakage around the main door.

I see the "smoke", HOWEVER, the only Bark I see is laying outside the Cooker guarding it :laughing7: :D :lol: :dont:

About 4 years ago, I had smoked up a brisket and sliced up most of it and left about a pound sitting on the kitchen counter. After we ate, I ran to town for something or other, when I got back home the brisket was missing. Only thing left of it was a grease spot on the rug and a dog so stuffed she could barely sulk away.
"My Body's Here, But My Soul's In San Antone"
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:49 pm

Tejans prolly too busy to post, he'll be at a cook off somewhere. :chef: :chef:

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.

Return to “BBQ Pits - Offset and Vertical Smokers”