Warming Chamber Question

Any type of purchased BBQ Pit.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

Quid Pro Q
Pilgrim

Warming Chamber Question

Postby Quid Pro Q » Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:48 pm

I've always wrapped my finished product and let it rest in a blanket or cooler, but my new smoker has a warming chamber opposite the fire box. My chamber stays about 170 when my center cook chamber is 250.

My question is, what's the highest temp to keep meat in the warming chamber without drying it out?

In other words, if I cook my brisket to 200 degrees, and I put it in the warming chamber at 170, will that be problematic?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Re: Warming Chamber Question

Postby woodenvisions » Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:52 am

I could be wrong but I think the chamber will be a different kind of heat if that makes sense ?
I think the tight towel/cooler wrap is a better choice as it will most likely hold in the steam/moisture better without cooking it ?

I might be wrong here but I would go with the cooler.

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk
k.a.m. USER_AVATAR
k.a.m.
Chuck Wagon

Re: Warming Chamber Question

Postby k.a.m. » Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:54 am

The warmer on Bahama Mama stays between 150° and 175° and it holds food great. Keep your briskets foiled or panned with a foil cover and the juices and it will keep fine. I have held my briskets for over five hours in a pan covered before. The same with your other meats as they are cooked just pan them and cover them with foil then place them in the warmer.
Always remember slow and steady wins the race.

My Hybrid cooker.
Competition trailer #2.

Return to “BBQ Pits - Offset and Vertical Smokers”