Pitmakr Vault vs Stump's Baby XL

Any type of purchased BBQ Pit.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

Bockbock
Cowboy

Pitmakr Vault vs Stump's Baby XL

Postby Bockbock » Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:32 pm

Looking in to purchasing either a Pitmakr vault, or a Stump's Baby XL. Was wondering if anyone on the forum uses either one. Also, any input would be appreciated. Looking for something just for my patio not for competition. Thoughts?
Bockbock
Dillo Q
okie sawbones USER_AVATAR
Okie Sawbones
Outlaw

Re: Pitmakr Vault vs Stump's Baby XL

Postby Okie Sawbones » Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:57 pm

I looked at these, along with the Backwoods G2 Party and Spicewine.

Backwoods G2 Party - $2,775 - 2046 sq. in. cooking space - 268 lbs.

Pitmaker Vault - $3,250 - 2750 - 925

Stumps XL Baby - $2,750 - 1596 - 375

Spicewine - $3,000 - 1275 - 600

I have chose to buy the G2 because it is competitive in price, has more cooking space except for the vault, and the weight is manageable for me to transport it to family reunions. YMMV.
KCBS - CBJ
PNWBA - CBJ
Jambo Clone, Primo Oval XL, Blaz'n Grills Pellet Stove, Weber 22.5", Lynx SS Grill, The Big Easy
VFW - Life, DAV - Life
Bockbock
Cowboy

Postby Bockbock » Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:34 am

Great info. Thank you.
Bockbock
Dillo Q
All_Grilla_No_Filla
Cowboy

Postby All_Grilla_No_Filla » Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:43 am

Out of curiosity, have you considered the Pitmaker Safe? In my opinion that would be a closer competitor to the Party. It just depends on what you're looking for. Capacity, portability, ease of use, etc. I'd disregard price, take the top two that fit my application, and then maybe let the price between those two settle a tiebreaker, if needed. A mediocre pit is gonna drive you crazy, and they're all a significant investment. Get what suits your needs best and only cry once. Perhaps in the end, a less expensive one will be the one that happens to meet your needs best? Just a couple of thoughts, best of luck whichever avenue you opt to take...
okie sawbones USER_AVATAR
Okie Sawbones
Outlaw

Postby Okie Sawbones » Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:34 am

All_Grilla_No_Filla wrote:Out of curiosity, have you considered the Pitmaker Safe? In my opinion that would be a closer competitor to the Party. It just depends on what you're looking for. Capacity, portability, ease of use, etc. I'd disregard price, take the top two that fit my application, and then maybe let the price between those two settle a tiebreaker, if needed. A mediocre pit is gonna drive you crazy, and they're all a significant investment. Get what suits your needs best and only cry once. Perhaps in the end, a less expensive one will be the one that happens to meet your needs best? Just a couple of thoughts, best of luck whichever avenue you opt to take...

I have info on that one as well. It lost out with me due to the sq. in. of cooking size. It might work for Bockcock.

Pitmaker Safe - 2,450 - 1230 - 400
KCBS - CBJ
PNWBA - CBJ
Jambo Clone, Primo Oval XL, Blaz'n Grills Pellet Stove, Weber 22.5", Lynx SS Grill, The Big Easy
VFW - Life, DAV - Life
All_Grilla_No_Filla
Cowboy

Postby All_Grilla_No_Filla » Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:44 am

Me as well, agreed. You'll spend almost the same money for a small pit as a medium size. If I were to get any of those it would be a Vault, because to your point it would meet my capacity requirements. I was thinking since Bockbock was considering one his requirements were probably less than ours?
Jimmyrog
Pilgrim

Postby Jimmyrog » Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:49 pm

I have been looking at Abe's Smokers. They are nice for the price.
crazyd USER_AVATAR
CrazyD
Bandolero

Postby CrazyD » Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:18 pm

I got the safe instead of the vault because it was plenty for my backyard needs and i like the cart setup with it better.
Custom Offset Trailer With Pitmaker BBQ Safe
bwsdj USER_AVATAR
bwsdj
Cowboy

Postby bwsdj » Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:52 pm

I have a pair of the Stumps Baby XL's and love them. I could do a comp on just one but like the flexibility of having 2. Stump don't build no junk.
BBQ and USF Bulls Football/Tailgating
https://www.facebook.com/fullbullbbq

JMoney7269
Bandolero

Postby JMoney7269 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:37 pm

Dollar for dollar, nobody builds a pit that's as heavy duty, will last as long, insulated as well and has as much cook space as a Pitmaker BBQ vault. I have owned 2 and now own their magnum sniper offset. Ain't sAyin others build junk, but you close a door on a Pitmaker compared to any other brand, you will make your decision right there I promise
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1YgpbeXmM8&sns=em
Life has no remote control, get up and change it yourself!
Those willing to sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
My $.02 is worth $37.50

Return to “BBQ Pits - Offset and Vertical Smokers”