joebqpits

Any type of purchased BBQ Pit.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

speed USER_AVATAR
Speed
Bandolero

joebqpits

Postby Speed » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:47 am

Has anyone cooked on one of these or know someone that has? I'm looking into getting a new pit when I get home from over here and I'm interested in yalls opinion of them and or stories about them.

This is the model I'm looking at

http://www.joebqpit.com/WORKHORSE_BBQ_PIT.html
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/Smoke-Kings-Ba ... 621281240/
email us at smokekingsbarbecue@gmail.com

"The maximum effective range of an excuse is zero meters!"
bwsdj USER_AVATAR
bwsdj
Cowboy

Re: joebqpits

Postby bwsdj » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:51 am

never heard of them before, but there pit sure does look nice on the website.
BBQ and USF Bulls Football/Tailgating
https://www.facebook.com/fullbullbbq

gizmo USER_AVATAR
Gizmo
Rustler

Postby Gizmo » Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:29 pm

Speed, If your lookin' for a trailer smoker at a good price, check out Southern Style Cookers in Achille, OK. Check 'em out @ http://www.southernstylecookers.com/trailer_cookers.html I don't know if you're into that style of smoker or not. They're just north of Sherman, right across the TX/OK line. Gary is a super nice guy. He does full custom pits along with his regular line of smokers. As you can see on his website, he has smokers with waterpans or with offset fireboxes. He also does real nice stainless work too. His prices are real good & his upgrade prices are not outrageous as they are with some other pit builders. With the square design you have more room in it than a round smoker the same length. Give Gary a call or shoot him a email and talk 'em over with him. He will be glad to hear from you.
It's okay to disagree with me......you can be wrong if you want to. :P
3 star redneck USER_AVATAR
3 star redneck
Chuck Wagon

Postby 3 star redneck » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:04 pm

Speed, That is one nice pit for comp for a great price, looks well built, you cant go wrong with buyin that one...
R&O Custom Offset....It rocks!!!!
http://www.redneckcooker.com

Hook Em' Horns
speed USER_AVATAR
Speed
Bandolero

Postby Speed » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:54 am

I've pretty much decided on this one. I have been going back and forth in my mind on rather to get this one or the RK250 reverse flow smoker from East Texas Somker Company. Both of them look like real nice pits but I think I really like the tuning plates in the one I posted more. I've never cooked on a reverse flow smoker or one with tuning plates for that matter so it will be a learning curve either way. Thanks for yalls input and keep it coming!

cokeguy101 USER_AVATAR
cokeguy101
Bandolero

Postby cokeguy101 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:56 am

Speed, why would you not go with the ETSC? It also has tuning plates. I own one and don't think I would go any other way. Eventually I may sell mine and go with another design but I would most definetly have Clint his team do it! The price is right on his stuff, been in the business along time and gaurantees all his work. If you don't like he will let you bring it back and make it right. I have never had a problem with mine! If you wanted a water pan in there that would be easy for them to weld in and it's not a bad idea.....now you got me thinking.
High On Smoke BBQ
Family+Friends+Cooking = Good Times

R&O Fat Girl
Smokemaster off set with vertical
Large Big Green Egg
2 Hasty Bakes
speed USER_AVATAR
Speed
Bandolero

Postby Speed » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:25 am

I have been talking to Clint via email quite a bit about getting something built. I do like his pits as well. Right now I'm trying to weigh the pros and cons between both of these pits to see what route I'm going to go.

cokeguy101 USER_AVATAR
cokeguy101
Bandolero

Postby cokeguy101 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:12 am

I really like the warm box over the fire box! I know people think its odd, but man I have turned that thing into an awesome rib box. I have done all kinds of meat in it, but I like the way it cooks ribs the most.

If you have any questions feel free to PM or email me. I will be happy to help you out. Tell Clint to help you and that you know me, he should give you a price break.

John
High On Smoke BBQ
Family+Friends+Cooking = Good Times

R&O Fat Girl
Smokemaster off set with vertical
Large Big Green Egg
2 Hasty Bakes
tex_toby USER_AVATAR
tex_toby
Deputy

Postby tex_toby » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:49 pm

Looks like a lot of pit for the money
20" x 40" Party Gator Pit
Custom Mobile Stick Burner
Summerset TRL 32" Built-In Grill
Weber Q2200
48" Custom Firepit
Bertello Pizza Oven

I can't always please everybody. I'm not bacon.
queʹa syde USER_AVATAR
Que'a Syde
Cowboy

Postby Que'a Syde » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:18 pm

I can also say that Clint is an Honest business man and has done me right for my pit that is currently being built...He was very patient with me as a noob and this being my first smoker and for what i wanted to spend and the changes i made i feel that i am getting the best bang for my buck..Im taking delivery of my new smoker in March and ill send pix and let ya know..But so far from just a sheer customer service standpoint...hes spot on..and i went from wanting the trailer painted purple to scratching that and going with a roof and electricity...lol...just to let u know what i was pondering... :evilnana:
East Texas Smoker RK250/Autism edition
Fat Ash Drum Smoker
KCBS Memeber #60187
KCBS Certified Judge #60187
MBN Member #T110238
3 star redneck USER_AVATAR
3 star redneck
Chuck Wagon

Postby 3 star redneck » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:50 pm

Im sure glad you found a perfect pit for yourself...I know you will enjoy it, and i know that Clint makes a great product, but I have a have time paying that much money for a worn out $50 propane tank....Just my.02
R&O Custom Offset....It rocks!!!!
http://www.redneckcooker.com

Hook Em' Horns
gizmo USER_AVATAR
Gizmo
Rustler

Postby Gizmo » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:22 pm

cokeguy101 wrote:I really like the warm box over the fire box! I know people think its odd, but man I have turned that thing into an awesome rib box. I have done all kinds of meat in it, but I like the way it cooks ribs the most.

When I was going to have an offset built, I wanted a warming oven on my firebox. I didn't want any smoke going through it, just radiant heat. I have recently decided against the offset though and decided to go with an insulated vertical due to the fuel consumption and the ability to get it set up and forget about it for a while.
ceaves USER_AVATAR
ceaves
Rustler

Postby ceaves » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:23 pm

Speed wrote:I have been talking to Clint via email quite a bit about getting something built. I do like his pits as well. Right now I'm trying to weigh the pros and cons between both of these pits to see what route I'm going to go.

Glad Clint emails you back. He was very good about emailing me back while he was building my pit, that was 2 1/2 yrs ago. I've emailed several times the past few months about replacement handles and he hasn't bothered to reply.

The pit does cook very well though, I can't complain on the craftsmanship of the ETSC pits. But along with Redneck said, I was really expecting, for the money, a new propane tank. Never really asked, and other than looks of where the rust was and the patches welded on, don't see how the cooking is affected.

I hope to sell my pit sometime this fall maybe once I get my vertical all squared away and get a trailer for it. We'll see how well they hold their value then.
Backwoods Smoker Dealer
speed USER_AVATAR
Speed
Bandolero

Postby Speed » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:39 am

Well after much consideration and debates with myself, I've decided on this pit. I am getting the one pictured in the link but with a larger front box (24"X24"X36") on it and not mounted on a trailer. I wanted to be able to mount in on a trailer the way I wanted it. It should be all finished up the first of April. I asked the guy to send me pics of the build so I will keep you guys updated with the progress.

gizmo USER_AVATAR
Gizmo
Rustler

Postby Gizmo » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:34 am

Wooo Hooo! Congrats on the new pit speed.

Return to “BBQ Pits - Offset and Vertical Smokers”