BBQ build with lots of pics

Custom manufactured BBQ Pits, Do-it-Yourself projects, parts and ideas.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

jamesb USER_AVATAR
JamesB
Retired Lawman

Re: BBQ build with lots of pics

Postby JamesB » Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:28 pm

The therm that Tex mentioned is not left in the meat. It is just used to spot check the internal temps. As he said, it's all ya really need to get started. I would also suggest picking up a few cheap oven thermometers like the one below. These are great for verifying the temps in the cooker and identifying the differences between the actual temp at the cooking great compared to the door mounted therms (there will be a difference).

The last time I needed some of the oven therms, I found them at a local dollar store.

osd USER_AVATAR
OSD
Retired Lawman

Postby OSD » Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:25 pm

JamesB wrote:The therm that Tex mentioned is not left in the meat. It is just used to spot check the internal temps. As he said, it's all ya really need to get started. I would also suggest picking up a few cheap oven thermometers like the one below. These are great for verifying the temps in the cooker and identifying the differences between the actual temp at the cooking great compared to the door mounted therms (there will be a difference).

The last time I needed some of the oven therms, I found them at a local dollar store.

The oven therms work good. You can also pick them up at most grocery stores in the aisle with the pots, pans, knives, and cooking do-dads ( don't laugh, this is a very technical term ) . :D
Jim
lsatexan4x4 USER_AVATAR
LSAtexan4x4
Wrangler

Postby LSAtexan4x4 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:53 pm

yeah i am going to def get some of those bc i know that theres a difference there...... how long does it take to read the temp with the probe thermometer....
sterno USER_AVATAR
Sterno
Cowboy

Postby Sterno » Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:58 pm

Respect! Cool thread, cool pics, cool stuff!!!

Wish I had the tools and skills for this! :)

Cheers,
Sterno

Return to “Custom Built Pits, Build Your Own Pit & Pit Modifications”