BAR "G" BBQ Pit pics

Custom manufactured BBQ Pits, Do-it-Yourself projects, parts and ideas.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

osd USER_AVATAR
OSD
Retired Lawman

BAR "G" BBQ Pit pics

Postby OSD » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:34 pm

Here are some pics from BAR "G" BBQ. He was having a little computer trouble so I'm posting them for him. :D I'm sure he will be along shortly to explain the pics. :D

Last edited by OSD on Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jim
dj USER_AVATAR
DJ
Chuck Wagon

Postby DJ » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:40 pm

Sweet lookin smoker!
dj
http://djstexasstylebbq.com
Caldwell, Texas Native
jamesb USER_AVATAR
JamesB
Retired Lawman

Postby JamesB » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:41 pm

Very nice pit! Sure wish I knew how to weld!
BAR "G" BBQ
Outlaw

Postby BAR "G" BBQ » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:55 pm

Thanks OSD
Computer police still on duty so I can't see the photo but will explain anyway. I have numerous pictures taken with an ordinary canon but very few with a digital (soon to change). This is my personal pit taken at a cook-off in Gorman, Texas last year; the paint job is about 2 years old. This is the same pit build as the pit described in the post with the exception of the Backwoods Fat Boy in place of a grill. I won't go into detail as to the internal set up other than it runs approxmiately 2-4 degrees temp difference from front to back (no tuning plates). Look me up at a cook-off or if your in my area and I will be more than happy to let you look it over, take measurements, ect.
BAR "G"
osd USER_AVATAR
OSD
Retired Lawman

Postby OSD » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:58 pm

Nice pit, great work. :D But...........absolutely beautiful work on those spurs. 8)
Jim
jamesb USER_AVATAR
JamesB
Retired Lawman

Postby JamesB » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:01 pm

BAR "G" BBQ wrote:TI won't go into detail as to the internal set up other than it runs approximately 2-4 degrees temp difference from front to back (no tuning plates). Look me up at a cook-off or if your in my area and I will be more than happy to let you look it over, take measurements, ect.

Now ya got my interest peaked... You cooking the Irving Elks Lodge at the end of the month?
BAR "G" BBQ
Outlaw

Postby BAR "G" BBQ » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:11 pm

OSD wrote:Nice pit, great work. :D But...........absolutely beautiful work on those spurs. 8)

The gal legs were built for my neighbor Randy Magers; Randy was a professional bull rider back in what I guess some would refer to the old days. For those rodeo fans old enough to remember Randy and Don Gay were tied for the world bull riding title after the 10th round of the National Finals and had a ride off in which Don Gay won. On a side note Randy rode the bull that bucked him off at a performance the very next week and won the round.
BAR "G"
BAR "G" BBQ
Outlaw

Postby BAR "G" BBQ » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:13 pm

JamesB wrote:
BAR "G" BBQ wrote:TI won't go into detail as to the internal set up other than it runs approximately 2-4 degrees temp difference from front to back (no tuning plates). Look me up at a cook-off or if your in my area and I will be more than happy to let you look it over, take measurements, ect.

Now ya got my interest peaked... You cooking the Irving Elks Lodge at the end of the month?

Weather permitting I plan to be in Italy 02/28.
BAR "G"
datsbbq USER_AVATAR
DATsBBQ
Deputy

Postby DATsBBQ » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:21 pm

Very nice looking pit!
Deputy Dave

“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."-Bruce Lee
jlabolt USER_AVATAR
jlabolt
Rustler

Postby jlabolt » Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:33 pm

Nice looking pit. Sure done a good job. What's the dimensions on the trailer?
BAR "G" BBQ
Outlaw

Postby BAR "G" BBQ » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:21 pm

jlabolt wrote:Nice looking pit. Sure done a good job. What's the dimensions on the trailer?

This was a welding trailer I had 5'x12'; the next trailers will be built of 1/4"x2" square tubing with a standard trailer tongue rather than the one in the picture.

Thanks again to OSD for posting the pictures; I finally got home where I could see them. The spurs pictured are another of my part time occupations although due to the fine detail work getting harder on my eyes I have about aborted building them. They are built from scratch utilizing 3/16' flat carbon steel for the heel bands and rowels and 1/2" carbon steel for the shanks. All components are hand cut (torch) then ground to final finish size. The overlay (silver work) is sterling Silver, Gold, nickle, ECT; what ever the customer orders. Engraving is also done by hand to coustomer specs.

Disclaimer; This is not an advertisement, I am not in the professional spur or pit building business. It's just something I do from time to time to pass the winter months and earn a little extra income.

Ok I have rambled long enough; thanks to everyone for the fine comments and see you down the smoking trail.
BAR "G"
super8mm USER_AVATAR
super8mm
Cowboy

Postby super8mm » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:44 pm

Great looking pit,

now don’t be squatting on those spurs

:lol:
"He was ugly, strong and had dignity" by Marion Robert Morrison

Return to “Custom Built Pits, Build Your Own Pit & Pit Modifications”