Pit Names

Custom manufactured BBQ Pits, Do-it-Yourself projects, parts and ideas.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

ynot?!
Pilgrim

Pit Names

Postby ynot?! » Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:04 pm

I sent my pics to Dats, I think it would be an honor to have my pit on his page of pits.....I am not worthy!

I noticed many people name their pit...So, I decided to name mine. I named mine "Daddy's Girl" I have two daughters, that are my pride and joy and they share with the fun of smokin and eatin.....

What did you name yours? Whats the story?
Just my opinion, I could be wrong!
jack2u2 USER_AVATAR
JaCK2U2
Chuck Wagon

Postby JaCK2U2 » Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:39 pm

Mine are named different things at different times. If I forget how hot the grates are and grab one, the smoker is named one thing. If I pull off the ribs or chicken, and they're tender, juicy, with good color and flavor, they're named something else. Pork butt dry and stringy, well, another name! No one name that's stuck, so far!
Jack
Jr. C's BBQ
http://www.jrcsbbqandseasonings.com" target="_blank

Homemade upright drum smoker
Backwoods Party
GSW upright (now deceased)
nice gas grill
Weber 27" grill
Weber rotisserie
ddlexis
Rustler

Postby ddlexis » Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:15 am

We have a name but we are not sure if we are going to have enough $$$$$ to make it a reality. So for now its Top Secret. :lol:
jamesb USER_AVATAR
JamesB
Retired Lawman

Postby JamesB » Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:24 am

Don't really have names for the pits, but my wife refers to on of them as "The Big Ugly" pit.
datsbbq USER_AVATAR
DATsBBQ
Deputy

Postby DATsBBQ » Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:32 am

Got your email, I'll get 'em posted tomorrow. Your pit is more than worthy to be included. 8)

The gallery has pits from all over the world. Some small, some huge. In the end they all produce BBQ, which is what it is all about. Anyone can submit a pit. I've never declined to post a pic of a pit. Though the pellet heads are under represented (maybe they are ashamed? :P )

I named my Primo Komodo "Einstein" because the Mrs stated that its a smart cooker when it comes to smoking meat. I named the Imperial "Roma" cause after I was done refurbishing it, it looks like a Roma Tomato. The Webers I haven't named because they are Webers. My Aussie Gasser, cause its a gasser.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :wink:
Deputy Dave

“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."-Bruce Lee

Return to “Custom Built Pits, Build Your Own Pit & Pit Modifications”