My Pit Build

Custom manufactured BBQ Pits, Do-it-Yourself projects, parts and ideas.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

datsbbq USER_AVATAR
DATsBBQ
Deputy

Postby DATsBBQ » Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:39 am

JamesB wrote:
DATsBBQ wrote:I can get a 12 hr burn with quality lump in my ceramic without having to refuel

Oh yeah? I can get an 18+ hour burn on my uninsulated, plain old steal barrel UDS on a single load of briquettes and chunks with out having to reload! :lol: :lol: :lol:

But what about the elephant in the room that everyone is ignoring? I suspect that a single load of briguettes and chunks for a UDS would power Einstein or Roma for a week and not just 18hrs :wink: 8) :lol:
Deputy Dave

“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."-Bruce Lee
dj USER_AVATAR
DJ
Chuck Wagon

Postby DJ » Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:45 pm

They speak with forked tongue. Jim pretty much nailed it.
dj

ddlexis wrote:I have talked to some who say you can get 12-18 hours of burn time, at 250 on the inital load of wood before adding another stick. How is this possible? :?

Thanks
http://djstexasstylebbq.com
Caldwell, Texas Native
ynot?!
Pilgrim

Postby ynot?! » Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:23 am

I would question a 12-18 burn on a offset with one load!

I haven't tried it, but I would guess that I could load it down with wood and get 5 hours, but I would suspect I would get a heavy smoke...I am sure there are some that don't mind that, but I prefer a light smoke flavor with a nice smoke ring. The only way I know how to obtain that on my offset is to have a small hot fire...

For my cooker, air flow is king. I could load my firebox down and have a smoldering fire, but temps would be uneven and I might as well forget cooking on the vertical.
Just my opinion, I could be wrong!

Return to “Custom Built Pits, Build Your Own Pit & Pit Modifications”